dead as a dodo - my loopy

Fran

was towed off by a recovery truck last night, gearbox/clutch completely shafted so car is dead.

not impressed tho, the car aint even done 50k miles yet mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

it was a sad sight, however i have a clio 16v as a courtesy car, will do for now. but i want my loopy back sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

bighug.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

That's no good Fran, sorry to hear she's off the road.

Any idea what's wrong, can't select any gear with the engine revving away or has it all seized up?

she just makes a really nasty whining and grinding noise when i move her in gear, gears appear to go in fine

not sure how long im gonna be without her for either sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Could be bearings in the gearbox, clutch splintered maybe or could be a drive shaft or something. Might not be too major, here's hopeing sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

aww thanks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i'm hoping its not too big a job as shes out of warranty now sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

ah well showed who my friends were, about 10 of the boys turned up to look after me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> see im loved after all, we had a bit of a mini cruise in a side street biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

:0 Hope they fix it quick and cheeply. Ts like loosin an arm init. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

yeh im completely lost without her sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> was meant to be going to a photoshoot on sun for a website but never mind sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

anyway the worst fears were comfirmed today, the gearbox is knackered. Looks like its gonna cost around a grand to fix, but my mate at the stealers has said hes gonna try and sort something out for me.

im also completely carless now, had the clio taken off me this morning as vw assistance only paid for it for 48 hours, the dealers are refusing to pay any more hire on it as the car is out of warranty, and they have no courtesy cars left sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Hey Fran sounds like your having a bad time with the car. Cant understand why it treats you so badly after how nice you have made it, clearly its not grateful of your modifications.

The last point could be taken seriously though, why not find out how much more for the Gti 6 gearbox if it will fit ok.

that was something i did think about, but u know what stealerships are like! anyway im just gonna put a standard one in and get her back on the road. they started stripping the old stuff out yesterday, so we might know before too long what went wrong sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> just hope their being careful with my nice clean bucket seats!!!

might be lookin to sell after the show season this year tho.

lol just had a progress report, its taken 3 vw techinicans and 45 mins to get my lupo up on a ramp to start putting the new stuff in

lol dont put a silly kit on ur car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

well shes home, hasnt felt this good to drive for a very very long time. gearbox must have been on its way out for oooh at least 6 months now.

ended up costing me £700, VW paid 40% of the whole bill which left me to cover that figure.

ouch, £1166.67 total, was that just for replacing the gearbox? At least you’re back on your door handles again now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

lol no dorrhandles for me for a while.....been told i cant screw the loopy mobile for another 2000 miles, to bed the gearbox in, so i have to drive slow everywhere sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

lupo gti next? could skip that and buy an S2000 its the perfect lupo replacement. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />