Petrol Light

Bubbles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol chris thats bad, boy racers like you should be taken off the road lol PIC_0101.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Tows very well Picture5-2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thats amasing, whats the caravan like?

I had three bikes on the back of mine a few months ago and i thought it felt slow, carnt imagaine what it would be like with a caravan on the back as well laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , although my bikes go higher up in the air flow than yours do.

Bet it doesnt do very good mpg hailing the 'van around?

The 1.4 tdi 90bhp version is what you want biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The caravan is a Freedom Microlite Discovery LE, it weighs 680kg the Arouser is allowed to tow 800kg as long as the trailer has breaks.

There is plenty of room for our stuff we just fold the seats down if necessary but most of what we take is already in the caravan.. It has a fridge, sink, gas cooker, bog, sun roof and a little table and chairs that convert into the bed. They come with an awning and are about £7k new, ours was a year old though.

The Arosa tows it very well in fact i often blow people away from the traffic lights, seriously it's a mini muscle car. I've no idea what the mpg is when towing.. Not much probably.

I presume the 90bhp version is chipped.

DSC00013.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The caravan is a Freedom Microlite Discovery LE, it weighs 680kg the Arouser is allowed to tow 800kg as long as the trailer has breaks.

There is plenty of room for our stuff we just fold the seats down if necessary but most of what we take is already in the caravan.. It has a fridge, sink, gas cooker, bog, sun roof and a little table and chairs that convert into the bed. They come with an awning and are about £7k new, ours was a year old though.

The Arosa tows it very well in fact i often blow people away from the traffic lights, seriously it's a mini muscle car. I've no idea what the mpg is when towing.. Not much probably.

I presume the 90bhp version is chipped.

DSC00013.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thats really cool cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> , id never of thought id see an arosa and caravan laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> How far have you towed it?

The 90BHP Daryll mentioned is the Audi A2, i believe its got a different turbo to give it the extra power.

Your TDi must be one of the last then is it? i would love to have bought one new.

Edited by cardaft

Thats amazing, an arosa with a caravan! I always wondered if anyone had done it before!

I bet it would tow even better after a remap, it would have loads more torque.

Chris you should get one for yours!! (A caravan not a remap tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)

Edited by jon_273

Yes it's one of the last (53). I wanted one for a long time but i was using an Astra van for work so i kept putting it off, one of my mates wanted the Astra so i sold it him(i didn't need for work any more) and that spurned me on to order a nice RED brand new TDi, which i did.

The next day the salesman phoned me up and said he can't get me one because they have just stopped production. I rang round some dealers and found Percy he had been pre regestered at a dealership in Cambridge and i could have delivery in six weeks for £7995... Panic over, but it was GREY, i've never liked the colour.. in fact i've only polished it once.

I suppose a remap would make it better, i'm scared of spoiling it though.

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> You dont like the colour!

When i was looking for my TDi there was lots of red ones and silver ones, i already had a silver one and i dont really like red arosas so i found a nice black one, didnt see any grey ones or i would have bought one.

It would spoil the car for me if i didnt like the colour, its a shame really.

£7,995 is a very good price for anew one i think, list price was about £9,000 or so wasnt it?

How many miles has yours done?

I think the one i ordered was about £8500 but that was brand new. The dealerships were pre regestering them so they could sell them cheaper after 3 months (Seat would not let them discount them new), i kept pestering them and got mine after 6 weeks, ha ha it had 1200 miles on the clock,

Now it has 46,000 on and will be 4 years old in September, I would like a new car but here are the modern alternatives:

Suzuki swift.. erm, don't like it, plus it has weedy wheels

Citroen C1(and it's varients).. Poxy

Citroen C2... Looks a nice car.... But it's a Citroen

Skoda Fabia.. A bit bigger, VERY EXPENSIVE, more road tax

WV Fox... ugly.. end of.

That new Mitsubishi one with engine in the back... Poxy

Corsa.. Bigger, looks like some design team somewhere has gone mad.

Fiat are bringing a new 500 out... Oh no, i'm losing inter.. where did i leave that rope confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I think the one i ordered was about £8500 but that was brand new. The dealerships were pre regestering them so they could sell them cheaper after 3 months (Seat would not let them discount them new), i kept pestering them and got mine after 6 weeks, ha ha it had 1200 miles on the clock,

Now it has 46,000 on and will be 4 years old in September, I would like a new car but here are the modern alternatives:

Suzuki swift.. erm, don't like it, plus it has weedy wheels

Citroen C1(and it's varients).. Poxy

Citroen C2... Looks a nice car.... But it's a Citroen

Skoda Fabia.. A bit bigger, VERY EXPENSIVE, more road tax

WV Fox... ugly.. end of.

That new Mitsubishi one with engine in the back... Poxy

Corsa.. Bigger, looks like some design team somewhere has gone mad.

Fiat are bringing a new 500 out... Oh no, i'm losing inter.. where did i leave that rope confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Oh i see, i bet the litte diesel was very desirable new, they still are really.

Id keep the arosa if i were you laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , there isnt much i like in the supermini market at the moment, although the new 500 might be tempting but its not even out yet and waiting times will be high.

That new mitsubishi I thing is awful, the C1 and the likes are very cheap, you will really miss the arosas comfort going to one of those. The C2 isnt a bad car, and citroens arnt bad in general wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , Skoda fabia, i quite like the new one, but all but the basic spec and its pricey, just like the polo is, and paying £10K+ for a supermini is absolutely bonkers IMHO. And the Corsa is horrib i think, and they are poping up everywhere. Fox isnt a bad car, but then like the C1 it feels cheap, i had a sit in one yesterday at a dealers and the electric window switches were broken!.

Oh speaking of MPG, i've just filled the Vivaro up today... are you sitting down... £80 = 450miles

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> What engine have you got in there laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , a Vivaro is a transit sized thing isnt it?

Our 2.5TDi remapped automatic caravalle costs £80 to fill up too, although that does atleast 550 miles on a tank im sure. Usually about 36-38MPG, yours is heafty of fuel laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh speaking of MPG, i've just filled the Vivaro up today... are you sitting down... £80 = 450miles

I used to get about the same on round the town trips from my audi 100 2.2 5cyl. Which is why i traded it for my Lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My Vivaro is similar to transit size yes, it's long wheel base though which dosen't help, it also has big tripple extenders on the roof and heavy equipment in the back.

The engine is 1.9 cdti 100 BHP. I know a sparky with one, he says 25mpg is all you can expect, he gets 430miles to the tank.

Well i did 54 miles with the light on tonight, the needle was just on the last line.

I didnt meanto run it so low but i was out of town so just thought i would see if i could get bk without running out, but there was stations along the way incase it got really low. Wouldnt want to try for anymore than that though laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I filled up at the weekend as i was on a long journey, i pressed that secret button in, in the filler hole and got about an extra tenner in ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

The fuel gauge diddn't move off full for the next 115 miles... Excellent! I've always thought one of the cars downsides was it's small fuel tank.. Thank you everybody rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I filled up at the weekend as i was on a long journey, i pressed that secret button in, in the filler hole and got about an extra tenner in

The fuel gauge diddn't move off full for the next 115 miles... Excellent! I've always thought one of the cars downsides was it's small fuel tank.. Thank you everybody

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> £10 extra!, thats unreal, how long were you stood there for pressing the button in each time laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I might have to try harder, ive got about £1.50 in roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

Ill have to try next time a do a long trip, i did 450 miles last tuesday, would have came in handy then.

But i wouldnt want to fill it up that much and then just pootle about town with tones of fuel.

At first i kept pressing the button in and then filling up again, but i quickly learnt it's alot faster to carefully press the button in with the pump nozzle while gently filling up. I thought it would never stop, ha ha. I even quickly checked the floor to see if it was p1ssing out everywhere.

The pump originally knocked off at about £24 and i got £34 in. Made my day rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ... Not that i like spending money mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Not that i like spending money mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Nope i dont, i dont drive a diesel for nothing wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Its the best engine for the Arosa though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 10 months later...

Hi there, my first post here!

I got an R reg Arosa 1.0 MPI about 3 months ago to use to drive to my new job, I read here any other places that it was very good on the petrol and managed to find a nice one for £950. Anyway I drive 32 miles to work, the first 5 miles are A roads (40-50mph) then about 25 miles on the M4 (in rush hour) into west London and then about 2 miles off the M4 to where I work. I then do the same backwards on the way home totalling 64 miles a day. I only use the car to drive to work.

I’ve kept a close watch on my MPG, if I’m careful and drive at 65mph on the M4 I can get 400 miles from 34 litres of petrol. When the fuel light comes on I know I have enough (and a little spare) for one day’s travel left (64 miles)

Originally I drove as fast as I could which cost me an extra tank a month! I now average 54 MPG.

Hope you find this useful

George

I really really really hate you <_< I have the same car, same engine, same year, yet I've been driving like Miss Daisy, not going over 50mph, rarely exceeding 3000rpm, and I've only got 200miles out of half a tank, and I know what's left won't get me that much again.

Hi there, my first post here!

I got an R reg Arosa 1.0 MPI about 3 months ago to use to drive to my new job, I read here any other places that it was very good on the petrol and managed to find a nice one for £950. Anyway I drive 32 miles to work, the first 5 miles are A roads (40-50mph) then about 25 miles on the M4 (in rush hour) into west London and then about 2 miles off the M4 to where I work. I then do the same backwards on the way home totalling 64 miles a day. I only use the car to drive to work.

I’ve kept a close watch on my MPG, if I’m careful and drive at 65mph on the M4 I can get 400 miles from 34 litres of petrol. When the fuel light comes on I know I have enough (and a little spare) for one day’s travel left (64 miles)

Originally I drove as fast as I could which cost me an extra tank a month! I now average 54 MPG.

Hope you find this useful

George

Right, thats it, who wants to buy my TDI!

My average MPG is about 55 realistically, 330-350 miles from a full tank to the light coming on about 28 litres i think. Im currently on 250 miles on half a tank, although i did top up the expansion tank too - with about £3 of diesel.

Although recently ive been trying to better the MPG and it does improve.

The other day i worked out that with the difference in the price of fuel, my 1.0 would have to get 48MPG to cost the same to run as my TDI at 55MPG.

I really really really hate you <_< I have the same car, same engine, same year, yet I've been driving like Miss Daisy, not going over 50mph, rarely exceeding 3000rpm, and I've only got 200miles out of half a tank, and I know what's left won't get me that much again.

Your doing well to get 200 miles from half the tank though, you should eek out 350 from a tank surely? Giving you about 50-55MPG?

My 1.0 does just about all town driving, and gets about 38-41 MPG about 220-230 miles from a tank :wacko:

Edited by cardaft

That's with me being bored out of my skull when driving - 50mph is not fun! I just refuse to give the robbing git who is known as Gordon Brown any more of my money than necessary :lol:

When I drive normally I get about the same as you, 230-250 miles depending on how enthusiastic I've been.