Your GTi bhp's please

stevie_wonder

the point in this thread is to find out what sort of power is achievable from the GTi and how to get it i've heard of 167bhp Gti's but everyone seems to say you can only get 6bhp here and 4bhp there so whats the most effective tuning modifications and how has it affected your cars performance

il start my cars only standard probably only pushing out bout the standard 125bhp (but i'm sure my sunstrip adds a brake or two and my red rocker cover will add maybe 170issh so thats bout 300bhp then eh??lol)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

standard gti is 123bhp officially from vw.

you can get road kits taking it to 170bhp or race kits to 210bhp+

mine is 129/130bhp with a panel filter (107.5bhp @wheels). i also have a chip now so need to go on another RR later this year.

Edited by qually

Probably not helping much but on my sport with the bmc, sports manifold, decat, 1.75" exhaust system, self (slightly) ported throttle body and removal of lots of electrical equipment it was rolling roaded at 126bhp. I had it run again on a rolling road I trusted a bit better where I took my golf (262bhp and my g40 159bhp) and it came out at 122. so you can get a bit more just by improving the basics.

cool so how would i go about gettin a copy of there catalogue??? I'm getting a uprated amnifold and full cat back exhaust and possibly removing the cat on the 26th of this month dont know if thats gonna make much of a difference possibly 3bhp i think its a full stainless people said oh 20bhp mate that woul mean my car being about 142bhp but i cant see that being anywere near true if 4k takes you to only 170

cool so how would i go about gettin a copy of there catalogue??? I'm getting a uprated amnifold and full cat back exhaust and possibly removing the cat on the 26th of this month dont know if thats gonna make much of a difference possibly 3bhp i think its a full stainless people said oh 20bhp mate that woul mean my car being about 142bhp but i cant see that being anywere near true if 4k takes you to only 170

full stainless more like 2bhp if its a good one. decat messes up the sensors so cant be done unless you trick the ecu. you could get a sports cat, might release 1-2bhp. catalogue can be downloaded from sorg, google sorgmotorsport to find. its in german. you could try emailing for more details and parts.

i am happy with the power but i would just like it to be a bit quicker slowly i'm gonna make it into a dream car its just i hate my mate taunting me with his 106GTi he races it about were as i dont but it would be nice to pack more power than standard just so people would say whats that flying by lol but i drive like a granny apparently i just thought it could be fun having a bit of fun making it faster as people say they got 135-off the clock with their GTi and some say there cars pushin out 160ish from few mods

well normally a chip, good induction kit and full stainless exhaust add aboyt 15bhp, but not sure the GTI can be chipped easily like most cars

well normally a chip, good induction kit and full stainless exhaust add about 15bhp, but not sure the GTI can be chipped easily like most cars

i am happy with the power but i would just like it to be a bit quicker slowly i'm gonna make it into a dream car its just i hate my mate taunting me with his 106GTi he races it about were as i dont but it would be nice to pack more power than standard just so people would say whats that flying by lol but i drive like a granny apparently i just thought it could be fun having a bit of fun making it faster as people say they got 135-off the clock with their GTi and some say there cars pushin out 160ish from few mods

its not needed or right to go over 100mph on uk roads.

Edited by qually

Don't worry about power!

Take some driving tutition, become a good driver and you won't care that your mate has a faster car IMO smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

at the end of the day bud his 106 isnt much quicker and it by god isnt better looking! and the 106 is 2insurance groups higher!

like keiron said wait till he gets his back from jabbasport and for 300quid ull add another 10bhp ish!

I got my current gti brand new, and it has only ever ran on Shell Optimax. I had it rolling roaded at 1500 miles (Club Lupo day) and it was 135bhp stock. I had it rechecked at 5000 miles or so (another rolling road day) and with a K&N panel filter it was 141bhp - I recall Fyggy's being about the same.

To modify it i:

Lightened the crank by about 750g, and the flywheel by about 100g.

Flowed out the exhaust side of the head quite massively, and skimmed it to raise the compression.

Also had a custom exhaust camshaft machined from scratch, to be able to run an exhaust cam on intake side (old skool Golf trick).

I remade the stock header manifold, using the stock flanges, to run larger diameter headers. Also custom downpipe, and then full cat back Scorpion system.

Airbox, and air intake side of the motor remains stock, apart from a panel filter, and everything housed in it's original covers as stock.

The clutch gained a copper pressure plate, with uprated springs. And the diff received a longer final drive, to up the gear ratio's.

It was then trailored to ABT for a custom rolling road remap. Final figures showed a peak at 185hp, which sounds a lot, but in reality is only a 45hp ish gain.

Now at 11k miles on the clock, and everything nicely run in, it produces a consistent 180hp. It drives different to the stock gti, as the power bands are shifted around, and everything is more progressive. Mpg is relatively low though. I don't see that many miles over 50/55 to every tenners worth of fuel... and it'll cook itself silly if left sat on idle in traffic etc. Torque steer is quite bad in lower gears, but that's largely down to the way the chassis is set.

It's not used during the week, and I don't need it to run regular school runs or sh*t - basically just a weekly adrenalin fix, so can live with it. I wouldn't want to drive it everyday to work. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I'm sure Clifford will tell you it sounds noticeably louder/different when being booted, and there's guys on other forums with TDi's and 20v's that have failed to beat the little Lup laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Brag over.

not sure of my power but got a manifold, de-cat system, bmc mega core leads and plugs and i got 142mph on the road angel

not sure of my power but got a manifold, de-cat system, bmc mega core leads and plugs and i got 142mph on the road angel