Lupo in another motorsport success!

Erik@aat

Read the results and see how good a Lupo can be at slaloms, a good driver helps too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It was the second best sounding car all day, only eclipsed by a TVR.....

Well done Andrew!!!Top 10 Results:~

1 Simon Horton ~ Subaru Imprezza T

2 Gareth Roberts ~ Citroen Saxo VTR

3 Andrew D Freitas ~ VW Golf GTI

4 Richard Horton ~ Peugeot 205 GTI

5 Colin Graham ~ Skoda Fabia

6 Garth Howell ~ Lotus Elise

7 Jon French ~ Rover 75

[b:post_uid14][i:post_uid14]8 Andrew Stewart ~ VW Lupo[/i:post_uid14][/b:post_uid14]

9 Bernie McLean ~ Lotus Elise

10 David Wilson ~ Peugeot 205 GTI

Great fun had by all, shame we lost the TVR (and it's engine) and the black Integrale (and it's engine too...) during the day!

Look out for more Slaloms in the future from SMC ~ cheaper than rallying, more fun than track days ~ the most fun you can have in a car without a rollcage

?? how did I totally miss this thread???

Thanks Erik for the pics you're turning me into some sort of star!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I think that pic is the fast handbrake , everyone else was pretty tidy on that section, but it was a fast section so i went into it about 25 miles an hour too fast and sort of power slided about 500 yards down the road biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> lost mega time on that one sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

In seriousness, this was a top top day out and I had loads of fun, I will definately make every effort to attend next time, it was brilliantly organised with the minimum waiting around and loads of fun with challenging courses, but best of all - beating an elise !!! read it and weep !! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ok now im getting cocky wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> i did get beat by a rover 75 after all blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

yes, the scratches may take some time to remove, but once the red mist descends, one is blind of such considerations !

seeing as the coilys / plush wheels / new bumper should be fitted shortly ill be on the look out for a cheap wrecker lupo for the next event me thinks 8)

Totally recommended to all here, only 40 quid for a full days action - better than a track day - well played Erik.

The aat.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> polarbear.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> {Ice Bear} Slalom will be held at Three Sisters on Sunday 14th November 2004.

Run by VWOC(GB) there will be three tests run at a time to allow for more "`driver-time`" behind the wheel.

Entry fee is £50 for the complete event.