how to install central locking and electric windows

sciroccotune

Hi guys,

my new loop does not have CL or electric windows - both of which i would like.

has anyone got any experience fitting these?

I would imagine that the CL will be quite easy with 2 electric motors and hopefully they will be linkable to my alarm.

as for the electric windows i have seen a few kits that use the existing window mechanism and just add a motor, are these any good?

does any other ideas?

cheers guys. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

CL i wouldn't have a clue, but EW i would imagine it would be as easy as replacing what ever is there, with whats in a lupo that has got EW, ive just bought a drivers side lifter and motor on the bay for £25. as mine was shafted by a noob mate leaning on my half open window wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" /> .Lifters are £70 each side from VW dont know about motors. Dont know if this helps atall mate.

Anf.

CL i wouldn't have a clue, but EW i would imagine it would be as easy as replacing what ever is there, with whats in a lupo that has got EW, ive just bought a drivers side lifter and motor on the bay for £25. as mine was shafted by a noob mate leaning on my half open window wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" /> .Lifters are £70 each side from VW dont know about motors. Dont know if this helps atall mate.

Anf.

yeah it does help mate, you are probs right on the using lupo lifter/motor front. guess i need to get in touch with some on that is splitting a loop that has electric windows.

any chance of a few pics of the door cards from an lectric window car so i can see where the switches go?

cheers guys.

• 1 year later...

hi mate i also have a vw lupo 1.4 16v e like yours mine dident have cl or ew i added cl buy buying a kit on ebay somthing like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-REMOTE-KEY...id=p3286.c0.m14

thease kits are easy to fit all i did was remove the door paneling on the inside and conected it up to the manule lock rod that goes up and down. the whole proceduer only took me a cuple of hours :)

like u i would also like to add ew can any one help?

• 1 year later...