Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

• 7 months later...
nice height on your exhaust ...standard.....or a mod. :D

It has always been at thet height since I got the car.

It was standard until last week when it started to make squeeking noises. It then started knocking on the cross member. I took it into National just to get it checked and the weld on the last bracket has started to split away. It didn't drop in height though.

So currently, until I can get it welded, there is an exhaust U bolt holding the collar tightly onto the exhaust. Still squeeking and knocks on BIG bumps!

I hope when it's fixed it fits as tidily! :)

PS Have to get it sorted before I tackle th A68 to Durham this weekend!

779813741_3e2dd11492.jpg

Edited by Silver!

Wow nice shot, wish i had roads like that.

I love the roads down you way. Get up early and head up onto the plain and head west!

Get on the A350 early in the morning. Some lovely tight bends, rises and drops!

I used to drive to Poole from Scotland regularly and I used to look forward to to coming off the motorway onto the A350. has to be early in the morning though before the traffic starts!

R

• 2 months later...

laidlaw_garage_equipment_mot_logo.jpg

Just an update; Passed it's MOT with advisory on rear discs which wasn't a surprise as I was going to replace thenm next year anyhow.

Also an advisory on the front tyres wearing on the inside edge: front to rear time I think.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Right no new pic's so I'll put this one up of the last time it was realy clean @ NE Motor Show in Aberdeen...

IMG_7100.jpg

Just noticed in the last week or so the the meeting with Hartley has spidered the paint on my lower bumper. Damn I'll have to get the spare sprayed and swap them.

Doors ar dropping and the rust has attacked the pasenger side sill so I'l have to get new hinge pins before I get the sills sorted. Anyone got any mega hard vinyl which will protect the sill from the door dropping and touching?

Need new brake disks as they are outwith the tolerance for skimming, only 6000 miles so a letter winging it's way to EBC.

I'm replacing with Mintex OEM replacements.

On the plus side I got the exhaust bracket welded, so the budgies have left my "transmission tunnel".

Good riddance!!!

im having my pslots polished and was just expecting to have them all polished however i do like them with the black centres, dont suppose you have a pic of the polo so i can see if i prefer them with those centres or not please

im having my pslots polished and was just expecting to have them all polished however i do like them with the black centres, dont suppose you have a pic of the polo so i can see if i prefer them with those centres or not please

IMG_7099.jpg

I think they look better than solid polished. Need to stick to the small centres with visible bolts though.

Link to G 5NDO's RR thread on SVAG...

:)

• 1 month later...