Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

14 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

You will have a blast through those roads up there... make sure to take some pictures!

Yes I sure will. I have done most of them before, just not in a single trip. Will be taking it easy as I will have the dog rattling around in the back.

R

10 hours ago, Silver! said:

Yes I sure will. I have done most of them before, just not in a single trip. Will be taking it easy as I will have the dog rattling around in the back.

R

Good! Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Pete said:

Because you're getting out and about and not stopping by my ends.

Slightly in the wrong direction Pete.

3 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Nice one!

No exterior pictures tho :(

No, it's absolutely minging at the moment. Needs a good clean :huh:

6 hours ago, jon_273 said:

Fail for not having the original plastic cable holder for the ABS cable. KW went to all the trouble of welding the tabs on in the right place too... :coffee:

Pics? Part number?

7 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Have you cut that cable tie off flush ray? If not shame on you!

Nah, I left it long so it clicks on the wheel spokes; ala playing card on my Chopper back in the 70s :roflmao:

• 1 month later...
On 30 June 2016 at 11:01 AM, Silver! said:

New KW v1 Inox fitted. Need some tidying\remedial work under there soon.

Shite photos, but it needed to be done...

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

IMG_3422.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

First things first, lovely car Sir :) Having just scanned through this thread I'm really impressed with the amount of time and effort you've put into this!

One question I would ask is when looking at the shock mount/beam-end in the picture above (First pic), doesn't the level of corrosion there worry you? Mines much the same, and whilst I know it's good thick steel I can't help but hatch plans in my head to buy a spare and have it blasted/powder coated or at the very least rust treat my existing beam in situ...

2 hours ago, JoeyEunos said:

First things first, lovely car Sir :) Having just scanned through this thread I'm really impressed with the amount of time and effort you've put into this!

One question I would ask is when looking at the shock mount/beam-end in the picture above (First pic), doesn't the level of corrosion there worry you? Mines much the same, and whilst I know it's good thick steel I can't help but hatch plans in my head to buy a spare and have it blasted/powder coated or at the very least rust treat my existing beam in situ...

Exactly what  am in the process of doing. I have sourced a beam and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks.

Then to get it stripped, treated and powder coated and swapped over. Most likely next spring.

:)

29 minutes ago, Silver! said:

Exactly what  am in the process of doing. I have sourced a beam and will be picking it up in a couple of weeks.

Then to get it stripped, treated and powder coated and swapped over. Most likely next spring.

:)

Good crack :D

Silly question... Are all Lupo rear beams the same irrespective of model?

58 minutes ago, JoeyEunos said:

Good crack :D

Silly question... Are all Lupo rear beams the same irrespective of model?

Not sure. You'll have to ask someone else. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Silver! said:

Just spoke to Rich; all beams will fit a non GTI and work, but there are differences. 

Thanks chap ;) FWIW I ended up getting busy with my existing beam this morning...

331g3ux.jpg

25gs377.jpg

More info on this in my 'member's cars' thread, but in short after a rub back there was little more than cosmetic/surface rust, I'm confident that now it's been treated the original beam will last for the rest of this cars life without any problems.