CasperGTI

Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

Oh my!!!! John you absolute legend! Am I right in thinking this would have more bhp per ton than a veyron???

Awesome car :D

• Like 1

Ummmmm, I think so? It's 500bhp and 502kgs... I don't know what the veyron is.

It apparently does 0-100mph in 6.1 seconds.

John you animal. That's incredible mate

Got a power curve through on email. Doesn't show the claimed power but I'm still very happy with it!

And the bill for the engine..... £17000 just on the engine.... wow

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214518.png

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214604.png

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214615.png

John

Made it over ok then? i used so much bubble wrap!

Yeah, a very professional package lol! Thanks once again, and feel free to contact me if you got some front pieces for sale :) Right side driveshaft for 6-speed would also be a big welcome!

John you animal. That's incredible mate

Basically this :lol: New toy's a beast!

Hi Casper, I was wondering if you still have the linkages and stuff for the gearbox, from 5 speed to 6 speed. I have been trying to find out the parts, but if you have them would you still sell them me please. My email address is, l88lrt@gmail.com

Many thanks lee

I would hate to think how much the previous owner of this car has lost selling it if that's the bill for the engine

Mk6 golf Gti and it's a bitch to fit. Have a read back and John explains how it's done.

7N? Sharan? :lol: Suspect you mean 9n3 ;)

Got a power curve through on email. Doesn't show the claimed power but I'm still very happy with it!

And the bill for the engine..... £17000 just on the engine.... wow

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214518.png

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214604.png

ScreenShot2012-11-26at214615.png

John

I reckon you've got more to come out of that. Lines look quite lumpy. Some custom mapping could worth the spend.

Epic build though. Bike engines Ftw!

Edited by Karl_Mac_

ow my what a peace of kit if you don't mind me asking what compression ratio are you running and did you get a shim made? the reason I as is I am running a lupo 1.4s with a ko3 turbo on it has front mount intercooler, manual fuel pressure regulator up to 5 bar, manual boost controller....

Hi John, dunno if you've turned off your PM notifications or not, I probably would've done if I were you, so just posting up on here to hopefully get your attention.

Pete

I have to say ive not looked back.... But the legend of the lupo (well the money from breaking it in to small pieces) lives on!

Still playing with silly cars, with stupid power. Love it, would recommend this to anyone over the "scene"

Little bit of fun at the rolling road power is at the rear wheels, dropped it a little as running too lean on higher boost. need more injector cc's:

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/pikeypiles69/media/MK/IMG_0159_zps2a503f3c.mp4.html

Car weighs 560kg.... so thats 737 bhp/tonne!

And on track:

http://youtu.be/4WkkZjC-jpo

10465466_735489459851454_625713048511775

Scene is cheaper!!

Too many people in the "scene" do it to impress others and to fit in... that bores me.

I love cars though :)

:eek:

Love it! They look so good with the cage too. Do you get to use it much?

This year it didnt get back on the road until May as i took on too much over the winter and it took far longer than i expected to get it rebuilt! transformed the way it looks, handles and performs though so I'm really happy with the changes ive made to it.

I use it enough, but mainly its for track. Great for the odd country lane blast, but lets face it i will either A- Die, or B- Loose my licence eventually.

Saying that, have still managed 5 track days and competed in a few sprints which is fairly good considering, and another 800 miles on road.

Weather or not i change it next year i still haven't decided, i want to start racing in RGB with a couple of my friends who are already racing in this series, again another endless money pit!

John

racing is expensive... :yes:

I have just finished reading all of this.... the work you put in amazes me. I love the dedication and the make do and mend spirit mixed with knowledge and technique that came with all the problems you faced.

I own a tdi and have little to no time, money, space or tools but I feel I try and do my best and things like this just make me want to learn more and progress further into the wonderful world of diy mechanics.

Thanks for the great read I did see the end once I saw all those wires. Hope your girlfriend enjoys this one as much as the last

Just spent a good hour and a bit reading this whole blog.... boss is a bit pissed off but by god thing car is nuts. Love it man!!

The amount of work that you've done to a very high quality is just insane!

keep up the rad work man!