Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Yeah no doubts about how quick it is... :)

just thought it would hit quicker than 6's that was all.... it would be difficult to get the power down but im sure it doesnt struggle that much ;)

Awesome car regardless

Aye, that was on the way to dubs mania 2 years ago. That was fun, although i think i could actually see the fuel gauge moving whilst doing it!

John

That was great fun, the Maserati was going for it too!

'tis a beast alright, most of us can only dream of superchargers :thumbsup:

And a sub-7 second 0-60 in a 1.6 litre FWD is pretty bloody awesome tbh

• 1 month later...

Aye it is sadly.

Will be starting on it again soon though, just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit to get it on the trailer over to the house.

Taken a bit longer than expected, wanted it over in January but hey ho

John

Eaton M45 Rotrex Supercharged Lupo GTi

Does this mean you have an old 'charger knocking about somewhere? haha ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So.... The first update!

Spent the afternoon completely deleting the OEM ecu from the engine bay, all the wiring that remains is for the lights and wipers/washers. Im going to re route all this through the chassis legs of course.

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

Doors are off, and as you can see ive been keeping the interior up to its usual standard!

IMG_9584.jpg

Trial fitting of the rotrex, its about the same size as an alternator, the compressor housing will be zircotec coated, as will the exhaust and a new heat shield will be made. Im also going to get a new slam panel once I'm happy with how the rotrex sits in the bay with the brackets i need to make.

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

I need to make up a 90 degree reducer which will them match up with my existing pipework.

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

Hopefully ill be ready to get the engine out some time in the next few weeks, gotta get the ball rolling again with this.

John

Im waiting for the turbo questions..... :thumbsup:

The hardest part of the wiring is still to come, ive traced all the wiring back to in to the plug disconnects where the fuse box is, but i need to go from the plugs to inside the car via the fuse box.... which will be interesting i think.

Also i need to remove all the wiring from the clocks i don't need any more, and work out what each wire does to see what i need to transfer from this loom to the digital dash loom, for things like the fuel gauge, alternator, lights etc etc... :ninja:

John

^ Good luck! You definately sound like you know what your doing. Cant wait to see it out again :)

Got rid of can bus today finally!

And the airbag loom is gone.

Im trying to work out what functionality won't work with no can bus... Its plugged in to the convenience module, airbag controller, immobiliser, clocks and the ECU.

Now all i need from all of the above it the immobiliser and convenience module for the central locking and the windows... The immobiliser is already programmed to my key and it has separate wiring to energise the fuel pump relay, I'm really hoping that its still gonna work, or i might have to look in to bypassing it..... or cutting it out!

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John, all the contributors and lurkers!

I have not posted on ClubLupo for about 6 years...

This thread almost got me fired today as I spent whole day reading it...

What is really amazing is the fact that you John have that unique mentality and skill where you just get there with your tools, take thinks apart, understand them and put them back together better than they were meant to be! I really enjoyed the "ride" today and would like to thank you for all your hard work, dedication and massive stubbornness while battling the odds, failures and enjoying the huge success of your built. Truly inspiring!

Some thinks stuck in my mind. One was when you commented early on that placing intake in the engine bay would not make a difference and then tens of pages later saying how a single degree of charge temp made few hps difference J. Then there was that series of photos where you had those shiny pipage polished beside crockery and cutlery on th kitchen table. At that point I though “ Surely, either missus kicked him together with the table service to the garage or she left and John took over the kitchen” !

The last one was the poor Loopstach completely vivisected in the new garage – I do not envy you all the work putting it all back together mind you!

Keep up the good work and “never give up”!

Sent you pm as well

Many thanks

Peter

• 1 month later...

It brings me great sadness to do this but -

The lupo will be broken for parts, everything will be for sale to fund a new project, I have lost the love and I can't see myself finishing it.

A parts list will soon appear but If you are interested in any parts now please PM me directly and we can talk.

John