Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Thanks to dodger my radiator arrived safely yesterday, it really is a work of art if your in to that sort of thing.

Will be fitting it to the panel today, nearly a perfect fit. just needs a bit more plastic cutting away to improve the airflow a bit better.

Few pics of it, more to follow later.

P1010638.jpg

P1010641.jpg

John

Oooo, looks hella fancy. What are you doing about an intercooler?

The Intercooler will be sourced once i have worked out how much space i have left and have put all the pipes in, its really tight to get it all to fit, but i like a challenge!

No it wasnt cheap, but when i do something theres no half heartedness, it has to be a propper job, no holds bared.

Head its going to pe ported and polished too, when it comes off it will anyway!

John

Edited by CasperGTI

thanks for comments about the rad :) ill post up how it was made with pics soon as i can. if anyone needs any rads, intercoolers, header tanks, power steering tanks and fuel tanks then just give pro alloy a ring they will sort you out www.proalloy.co.uk

Thanks

how did it fit john have you got it into position?

Edited by DodgerGTI

Jamie - It fitted near enough perfectly!

P1010650.jpg

Todays weather didnt stop me, luckily i could do most of the work inside.

The radiator is now in perfectly, this is how today went.

Trial fit showed that it hit alot of wasted plastic on the slam pannel, so in true form i took the die grinder too it and took away all the plastic i could to improve the airflow. Through, as you can see from the photos, you can take alot out, i added it up to be about a 20x20cm area in increased airflow.

P1010646.jpg

P1010647.jpg

P1010652.jpg

P1010653.jpg

P1010654.jpg

P1010655.jpg

Next challenge ws to mount the AC condensor back on, no problems, jamie - The mounts were spot on.

P1010657.jpg

P1010661.jpg

So i then put it back in and had to space it out so it sat about 2mm from the fan housing.

P1010665.jpg

P1010670.jpg

Made a bracket for the other end, perfectly spaced it out using some 1/4 plate,

P1010671.jpg

And the results.... I think it actually sits further out than the OE one by about 5mm, so not too bad considering ive added 10mm in core thickness!

P1010673.jpg

P1010674.jpg

Once again thanks to pro alloy for the job, spot on build with quality to match. Shame its not going to be seen very much!

Inbetween the rain and F1 tomorrow im gonna put it on the car and sort out the pipework. Hopefully all will go smoothly!

Engine will be coming out in 2 weeks for internals... but there not estimated to get here untill xmas or just after. Gives me plenty of time to detail the engine bay and engine! and let the crap weather pass.. i can deal with cold but not rain.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Great work so far :shades: cant wait to see finished.

keep us updated.

thanks for all the comments, means alot to have a good bit of support!

So on sunday i fitted it to the car, fits pretty snug, but sits a bit forther out so have an issue putting on the top half of the front grille.

Gonna have to get my grind on again to get it 100%. Also looks like im gonna need a custom intercooler made - Jamie another bit of work coming your way!

anyway heres a few pics.

P1010682.jpg

P1010679.jpg

P1010678.jpg

P1010676.jpg

John

Thanks guys.

Changed my mind on that fromt piping now, got a different bit of pipe that will allow me to get it in tighter to the engine bay. Ill enter the intercooler from the rear on one side and exit on the end from the other. Should have that sorted to go on the car in 2 weeks time.

Im going to keep this thread as in depth as possible. Mainly for my own benifit, but also for all the people who want to do this to there gti... this thread will show you how much work is really involved, it does mount up.

John