Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Thanks for all the comments, Im pretty happy with it too!

So it looks like it will go to the workshop for its ecu some time next week, in the meanwhile i have to pipe up the charger completly, get up the dump valve and get everything prepped so its ready for the ecu.

I cant start it anymore, not that it wont start, more that its overfueling and will damage the cat at this rate. I need and A/F meter on it to get it right now, so its out of my hands. Its very smokey, way to rich. I think the decomp plate, headwork and the new FPR not being tied together yet are the main causes.

So now its the long short road to recovery, will have a new ecu, then a running in map on it for the first 300-500 miles, have an oil change and a second tune up after anohter 300-500, and then a final tune, bottom end check up and then converted to fully synthetic oil.

Ill keep this updated as i go along of course!

John

ECU work booked in to start on 20th of april, Aiming to be on the road in the first week of may.

Only a few more weeks to go now!

Very nice, how much?

Aiming for the 250 mark....

John

Edited by CasperGTI

what bhp can the gearbox take do you think?

what torque is the clutch rated to?

sorry if its already been said.

Clutch approx 240 but i think it will be fine for a bit more than that, more than up to it there, awesome gti wouldnt have sold me it if it wasnt suitable, i trust al on this one.

We have seen turbo gti's with the 6 speed box and 267bhp in germany and thats done alot of mileage so it should last me. If not, im always on the look out for a spare!

John

Some beautiful progress on this john. Hopefully by the next time we meet it will be finished. Cant wait to see this thing on the road. Total respect for the effort in doing this job properly.

Ok so today, sorted out the minro teething problems.

Dropped the fuel pressure a little bit to stop it over fueling whilst on the std ecu, Finished the pipework to the throttle body, started the car and checked it. But it wont go over 2000rpm as the map sensor sends the car in to spaz mode.

It will go away for the ecu in its current state, where the intake for the charger will also be made.

When it returns i need to get the front end square, currently the slam panel is sitting loo low and stopping the bonet from second latching and the bumper going on perfectly, all little things.

I need to change the T peice for a black one at some point, buy why warrant another £18 on a pipe i already have!

Got two very weird fault codes though.

1 - Alternator has an implausable load signal, but i have no alternator warning light! (17911 P1503??)

2 - Crankshaft sensor no signal, But the car runs perfectly?? (16706 P0322??)

Might get a new alternator and crank sensor on my parts waranty just incase.

Anyone know anything about those codes?? I cant understand them at the moment.

Anyway a few pics of how it looks now. Ecu work starting on the 20th, im very excited.

P1030312.jpg

P1030313.jpg

P1030314.jpg

P1030315.jpg

John

Ive kept quiet on this one and admired from afar. Awesome effort in doing it all yourself, if i was to do a project like this then i could never send it away for someone else to do it, i like to have the satisfaction of doing it myself and knowing its all my own work. And also fair do's for not getting impatient and cutting corners, i get itchy feet and want to get onto the glory jobs like painting bits and putting shiny bits on haha!

P.s. with the front panel its got a fair bit of adjustment on the catch, if you've taken it all off it might be too far forward? Just to save you getting all the hoses off again its a pain in the arse i know!

I dont need to take the front panel off again just need to loosen it and raise it up as its too low, I didnt take the headlights off the slam panel when i took it off so im using the headlight seals as the refrence for the height of the slam panel.

As for the crank sensor fault, i took it out and cleaned it up, then checked the wiring. Turns out the plug was connected but not propperly plugged in to the clip. I coudlnt work it out as i was getting a RPM signal but still getting an intermittent speed sensor fault. Im putting it down to the plug not being connected propperly. Should have checked that first, always the small things that seem to pass you by!

Alternator is still charging the battery fine, but the load sensor (voltage regulator) fault is still popping up. Hopefully it will go once the new ecu is in place, othewrwise im going to replace the alternator (T*** of a job now) as its only 4000 miles old.

John

Amazing work John, when am going to get a looky?

Umm i might be going to volksdevil in carnforth on the 31st may, so thats probably the closest im going to get to you sir before edition ofcourse.

John