Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Few more pics whilst im watching the F1. Wrapped exhaust now fitted, few pics of the tail pipes, need a slight adjustment, think i must not have put the manifold back on perfectly.

P1030254-1.jpg

P1030255.jpg

P1030256.jpg

P1030257.jpg

P1030258.jpg

P1030259.jpg

John

Today didnt go as planned but was good none the less.

Started off looking like this, it turned over no problems, i have oil and fuel pressure too which is good. Disconnected the coil pack and fuel pump and then turned it ovet to get belt tension and alignment 100% correct as this is the most important bit of the conversion, well on par with the timing!

P1030260.jpg

P1030262.jpg

P1030269.jpg

She turns over! Then the starter motor gave up! Had to take it appart and resolder the power connection from the solenoid to the motor, nice and fun!

P1030276.jpg

P1030277.jpg

P1030278.jpg

P1030281.jpg

Then the belt kept moving, so had to mod my tensioner and re square up the charger, Belts arent fun!

P1030282.jpg

P1030283.jpg

Tomorrow, It will start!

John

The video is taking ages to upload!

The car started first turn, perfect. Was very smokey, and filled my cat with oily smoke so untill thats burnt off its going to be a bit smokey. Had the engine running today for over an hour, only taken it to 2500rpm so far and its amiasingly loud! had one airlock in the water system, but its now gone after a bit of fettling. Its no way near ready for the road yet, but i moved it from one side of the drive to the other, and the clutch is great! small bite point but easily controlable.

Its really over fueling though, and has eventually caused a missfire, one plug must be a bit clogged up. Will give it a clean tomorrow and try again, same with the lambada sensors and see if i can get the fueling a bit better.

Its never going to run right on the std ecu as it is though. But im stoaked as it runs, and started first try!

The exhaust is rather loud, but what can be expected from a 2.5" system. And the charger whine is amaising, Its still got a long way to go though as my belt is still not 100% square, its so close but not quite there yet, the new pulley needs to be remade too as its been made with too little grooves. Not detremental, id just prefer a bit more stability.

Hoping to iron out all the problems by next tuesday, then its off to have the ecu done.

John