GTI Remap

gti_matt

Who gives a feck about dyno figure BS.

It's about how much quicker the car will accelerate to say 60MPH, the worst point as I can see in a GTI is the stutter as you crack the throttle open, although some of this is probably due to the fly by wire throttle?? If this can be improved, then I couldn't care if I loose 5BHP.

You have to go off something, a dyno graph is a good indication and nothing more than that. If you want to use other methods then good luck measuring before/after with similar levels of accuracy - 1/4 mile times are often used but there is a massive amount of scope for driver error. Peak BHP figures are for the pub and no where else.

More importantly torque and bhp increases throughout a decent 'useable' rev range are what you can see, which translates into a nicer car to drive.

Who wants 10bhp extra peak over 5bhp and 5ftlbs over a 1-2k band? Idiots.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant work out if your agreeing with me or not?

.. but true!

I'm agreeing that RR results should be taken with a pinch of salt and real world peak figures make no odds other than to brag down the pub.

They're a guide and as that they are useful as you can just drive the car and say 'it's faster' as you have placebo which is an unknown.

Increased torque mid range and having bhp over a longer stretch higher up the RPM's will drastically improve any car which is driven day to day.

Edited by richie.guy

Hi peeps, sorry didnt see all the responses untill today, yeah as soon as il do it, il shall put up before and after graphs. Sorry looked up the wrong vehicle on our system, my bad for doing things in a rush, hopefully i should be expecting around 8bhp and roughly the same torque figures. Should improve my mid range and hopefully fuel economy

as soon as its done il put the graphs up :)

the problem with RR's is that only on rare occassions 2 RR's will read the same.... ive even seen people on the same set of rollers running different power on different days ....

[quote name=one litre wonder ;)' date='17 October 2009 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1255740676' post='727930]

the problem with RR's is that only on rare occassions 2 RR's will read the same.... ive even seen people on the same set of rollers running different power on different days ....

RR graphs can also be really good at looking at the Power curve and the Torque line. With a A/F ratio graph too you'll be able to see where and why your graph might be dipping/jumping.

There are also one that don't measure the RPM's but count up in seconds to see how much quicker the car revs up before and after mods.