GTI Remap

gti_matt

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent dealt with them before but i know of a reputable parts shop that deals with them. you need to post your ecu and in 2 days you get it back again chipped. thats the only issue if you cant be without your car.

Do they prove this with a before and after dyno? Thnaks Dave

that would be a bargain at that price. no they dont see your car, they take the ecu and post it back revised and ready to plug back in.

i guess they have at least already had experience of mapping the lupo gti before to give a specific quote on bhp and torque figures, unlike some tuners who say "upto 20bhp" or something similarly vauge and meaningless.

gains from powerchip

gives the increase in top speed from 205kmh to 220kmh (127mph to 138mph)

152nm @ 3000rpm to 172nm @ 2800 rpm. ( 112 lbft to 127 lbft )

125hp @6500rpm to 139hp to 6600rpm

if this is a correct before and after then it seems well worth it and might try it myself.

Edited by qually

i have looked further into it and have seen these gains for the powerchip also..

gains

so info is beggered up i think. but this seems more realistic figures. 137hp/ps up from 125hp/ps

and 167nm up from 152nm.

and 205kmh to 207kmh. only 2kmh gain compared to 15kmh gain on other site, i think the other site must be wrong myself.

Edited by qually

• 1 month later...

Well, if you can get the ECU out without breaking it that would be a good start (considering it's glued in).

And the top end power figures are a bit optimistic considering no real means of tweaking (e.g. a turbo).

Highly dubious imo.

Well, if you can get the ECU out without breaking it that would be a good start (considering it's glued in).

And the top end power figures are a bit optimistic considering no real means of tweaking (e.g. a turbo).

Highly dubious imo.

4 screws out then prise out cover which is held in with glue but only on the cover edges you can see the green board free of glue. but to get the powerchip you just post them the unit dont have to open it. mine is getting chipped today, should be getting it back tomorrow. onlything i broke were the 2 plastic clips holding the ecu in place. i always break clips.

so will have to tape the ****** back in until i ask vw to clip it back in again with new clips.

i spoke to the fitters and their records said 12bhp gain +10% torque. strange no figure. probably a guess. but anyway will be trialling it soon to feel the difference.

Edited by qually

they post it back the same day they recieve it normally, allow an extra day though. i posted it special delivery yesterday, they got it today and hopefully post it by end of day so i get it back tomorrow. but you can turn up at their fitting centre in cheshire if you dont want to post. there is no superchip for the lupo gti and they dont have plans to prepare any either is what they said when i spoke to superchips.

Edited by qually

if its any help i got mine already mapped by dastek and gave them a fone and its 135bhp didnt cost me anything tho...think theyr around 400 or sumthn but that includes a piggyback ecu and a live map.

yep, 12bhp increase over stock.

definately worthwhile i would say.

for the gti anyway.

cant wait to get mine back.

Edited by qually

ok good news for those of you who dont want to post your ecu,

following models are availbe to download from a laptop via internet straight into your car using the correct cables.

AROSA 1.0 ME7 PETROL BOSCH ME7

AROSA 1.4 8V ME7 PETROL BOSCH ME7

AROSA 1.4 TDI (75 HP) DIESEL BOSCH INJ.-PUMP V2.2

AROSA 1.7 SDI (65 HP) DIESEL BOSCH EDC V4.1

LUPO 1.0 16V ME7 PETROL BOSCH ME7

LUPO 1.2 TDI EDC15 (61 HP) DIESEL BOSCH INJ.-PUMP V4.1

LUPO 1.4 8V ME7 PETROL BOSCH ME7

LUPO 1.4 TDI EDC15 (75 HP) DIESEL BOSCH INJ.-PUMP V4.1

LUPO 1.7 SDI DIESEL BOSCH EDC V4.1

Edited by qually

ok feedback so far is that its not worth the hassle of posting your ecu if a courrier is going to bring it back to you. as courriers are useless and dont bother finding addresses if it means getting out of the van. countless calls to courrier company trying to get through is making me crazy. hopefuly l will still get it today, have already seen the van once earlier and drive off again. grr.

so top tip so far is inssist on powerchips use royal mail special delivery. royal mail always know local area so i have never had delivery problems with them.

Edited by qually