Removing door trim

Guest rbel

Recently out of the warranty period and one of the electric window winders has packed up and the door speaker in the same door is sounding grim. I imagine that the door panels are clipped in - anyone had any experience of removing them?

Hi there...

From what I've been told, there are a couple of screws, then the rest are clips. They are tough, but they do come out.

However, I've also been told that they break easily, so you might want some spares on hand. Not sure how much VW charge for them, something rediculous I imagine!

The lower door panel is relatively easy to remove - just undo 4 screws at the bottom edge of the panel and pull it downwards (2 pop clips at the outer edge need carefully easing). This reveals a pop riveted speaker enclosure! -very helpful !

For the upper panel I carefully removed the door handle insert (use screwdriver in small gap on lower edge), removed the 2 screws and ... nothing. I cannot see any other fixings but the panel does not want to shift. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeah as above, the top panel requires some pullin to get it off.

None of my clips broke mind you. Bottom panel a lot easier to remove. Had to remove mine to try and remove a dent caused by some charmer using my door as a stop. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />