£350 to spend

angelo77

Alright guys and girls,

Car is currently on axel stand reciving some tlc.

Picked up a new cluch from vw yesterday and as seeing as the car already has the wheels off, (currently be sparayed in primer)I am torn between buying a n ew exhaust or new suspension.

Really fancy the H&R kit, £350 from orange tuning delivered or

a janspeed cat back exhaust

Anyone have these items on the car, need to order by tuesday.

regards

Angelo

id say suspension but would try get a bit more dough and go for one of the cheaper coilover ranges like fk or those jamex ones

i have the h+r kit 30mm. very good. wouldnt want to go any lower. its also quite stiff as the front shocks are massive.

The shocks are massive so they are stiff? WTF? None of your posts make any sense.

i think the nature of coilovers makes them too hard for road use.

unless you choose a soft spring and adjustable damper system, but then they are expensive £1000?

Coilovers are ABSOLUTELY FINE ON THE ROAD no way are they too hard!

Most the people with the FK and especially the KW units will tell you the same!

I find them two stiff for the roads around S-Yorks.

I find I bouce around corners, rather than beiing able to hold a smooth line.

Prefered the handling on -30mm Eibach springs more than I do my Konigsports.

Unless Im in Milton Keynes of course biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

my coilovers hold me on the road fine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> especialy round bends smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />... the ride is a tiny bit more harsh but i like it tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I would go for suspension over an exhaust.

And i agree that coilovers are abit to hard for everday road use.

Theres just to many pot holes, bumps and crappy roads to get the best out them, put it into a corner with a few little bumps and it will skittle out and lose it's composure. agood uprated kit like a H&R cup kit is much more forgiving and probably quicker to.

Saying that, my cup kit only lasted 15.000 miles, two seals gone and rusted to bugery. Im now back to coilovers again laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

iv had coilovers on two of my cars now,my new ibiza has them and couldnt

be without them now mate!

they are very very good,little bit harsh but that adds to the fun wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Coilovers are ABSOLUTELY FINE ON THE ROAD no way are they too hard!

No Al im agreeing with qually on this coilovers are far too hard for road/country lane use a good suspension kit would be much better unless planning to visually lower the car and im running on £500 Fk's shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I think i am going to get the H&R cup kit.

335 pounds from the orange shop in germany.

Anyone used these before?

although having said that i would reccomend buying only from a local tuning/parts centre or the nearest one to where you live. you pay more but the knowledge of being able to refuse damaged goods/returning to store/no delivery responsibilites is worth having. i have bought quite a few things from far away places and its so easy for things to go wrong. orange were a good company but the 1st H+R kit i got had leaking shocks, so i had to ask for another kit to be sent and they collected the bad one back. so too quite a few weeks of worry.

my coilovers (KW var 1) are much more comfortable than the standard suspension and she is a daily driver no problem at all. plus roundabouts are great fun!

(this is Jen logged in as Joe BTW)

Edited by Joe