Front speaker clearance

Anyone else experince any problems with speaker clearance? I picked up some adapters to fit my speakers in the front (couldn't be arsed to make mdf rings!) but I've noticed that I've still got a massive 'overhang' at the back of the adapter, anyone else experienced this?

DSC00147.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Autoleads adaptor??

I've got them and my still had a overhang however not as large as that. Luckily one of my door membranes is damaged so i could see the gap between the speaker the and the glass when the window was fully down.

Best thing is put the window down, and check the distance between the glass and the hole

Edited by g-man85

I just bought two front (Mac Audio) speakers, 16.5 in diameter, they fit perfectly in the holes of the stock speakers (adaptors included) but they will hit the windows when they are fully down. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

So I reckon that 20-30 adaptor rings should be fitted....

I'd advise getting some skins to protect speaker and interior from getting wet when it rains. The standard speakers have a shield to prevent this, aftermarket dont. I have to remake my mdf mounts for my rainbows cos the others have swelled up.