Rotrex

Marmes

Hi all!

I bought a rotrex supercharger c30-74 to fit the VW 1.4 engine, but the bracket that came was for a car without airconditioning, the supercharger would be under the alternator, but mine has aircon , so I need to make a new bracket to pt the supercharger on top of the alternator, do you know where I can find schematics with dimensions of engine parts and the engine it self so I can design a new bracket?

or anyone of you that has a supercharged lupo or polo with rotrex can give me some advice?

Thankyou!

i will have a word with a lad off here see if he has any plan's from his as he has a rotrex on his car

Edited by noddy1

if you look at the mk4 golf engines(1.4 16v) in the breakers yard you might find a bracket you are looking for becuase some of those have the ancilleries in different positions

failing that you could use an electric power steering pump from a 9n polo instead of the belt driven ones the n stick the ac compressor at the bottom

if you look at the mk4 golf engines(1.4 16v) in the breakers yard you might find a bracket you are looking for becuase some of those have the ancilleries in different positions

failing that you could use an electric power steering pump from a 9n polo instead of the belt driven ones the n stick the ac compressor at the bottom

pipe work would be very tight if the chargers that low tho

i found a picture of a polo or lupo with rotrex in this forum, painted in blue i wonder if he uses a belt tensioner, even better what belt is he using. I know also I can use the original ecu, but the engine light is allways on sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> so I was wondering also if a dta ecu is ok, i tried to have some answers from emerald but they didn't do it, only dta answered me, and i am also considering an ems wolf3d, motec is ou of the question it's too expensive. it has nice support though. About the bracket, I started to design the bracket in a cad program, now I just need an alternator to make the rest of the design.

after that I can put it here if any one wants it.

• 3 weeks later...

Now I designed a a bracket for my rotrex in a cad program it will be ready this wednesday I hope, it was kinda hard todo it since the aircon is there, it's the first time I do something like this in a cad program I have already the intercooler now I just need the tubes and hoses, I called stormdevelopments for help, I thing I will buy an ecu from them.

• 4 weeks later...

Good stuff! I'm getting very tempted by a charger now with the end of the warranty coming up. cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Good luck with the test.

• 4 weeks later...

The charger was 1800 euros something like £1100 ,I also bought the asz intercooler from a 1.9tdi 130bhp for 140euros (£100) brand new,it fits biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> some samco curves,they are so expensive sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> and a programmable ecu that can do DBW.

I have everything, now I need a rollerstand, to tune the ecu, this is going to be hard. :S

what car have you got the coil packs from confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

• 1 year later...