Key stuck in passenger door and wont come out!

Went out to the car just now, and unlocked it via the passenger door. Car unlocked fine its just the key wont go back to the virtical possition to relice its self from the slot. angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Its stuck in there right now, so if anyone wants the contents of my lupo, its unlocked with the key stuck in the door and out side my house now angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Still, at least it's stuck in the door, so that nobody can take it out and pinch the car with it. I know a lass who's key has been stuck in the ignition for a couple of weeks. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

ps. Where do you live? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Had the same thing happen on my first Lupo (1999 Lupo 1.4 S).

Mine got stuck in the drivers door and no matter what I tried I could not get it out.

I was able to use my spare key to lock everything but the drivers door so I put a bike lock between the steering wheel and interior door pull so it could not be opened.

VW said some part of the barrel had broken jamming the key - they replaced the barrel. Total cost was just under £100 I think - at the time I was happy to pay that as I had nightmares of them having to replace keys and so on.

This happened to the lady with the lupo down the road (of which my cambridge clusters came off)

She came round asking me if i knew what had gone wrong, We managed to get the key out using a set of "dental" style picks, but she still had to have the barrel replaced. Aparently it was one of the "tumblers" inside the lock, which had moved over too far and come out of place.

• 2 months later...

I've had that happen to mine a couple of days ago. Key got stuck, had to really force it to return to centre to remove it, now you can turn it with force to the left to lock the door (doesn't work the central locking tho), turning to the right just makes it spin around. Its embarassing to get in through the passenger door!

I just took the door panel to bits to see if anything was visibly out of place and it appears not, so must be said barrel.

Whats the cheapest option here - another lock (although different key) from a breakers? or is it quite cheap from a dealer? The Lupo's my second car which I use for work, so don't wanna spend too much.

Lupo's my second car which I use for work, so don't wanna spend too much.

Second to a Hyundai *shudders* lol.

Well if it is your second car then maybe you could just swap the locking barrel from your passengers door to your drivers door? And vice versa, you then won't be able to use the lock on the passenger door but does that matter?

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

Found a 'barrel replacement kit' with instructions on ebay for £20.98 with delivery. Doesn't seem the easiest thing to get to so I may drop it in the service centre and ask them to fit it.