Scratched Alloys - Wheel refurb?

First of all congratulations on a great site. When I was choosing my new car this really influenced my decision.

Picking up my Gti on Thursday and as it's "`pre-loved`" there are a few scratches on the alloys. Does anyone know if there is any way of repairing this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

There are plenty of companies that do wheel repairs though most need you to send off the wheels and it takes about 10 days before you get them back. I needed to keep mine on the road so found a local company who agreed to sort them while I waited on a Saturday morning. Most garages use someone to tidy up their part exchanges, ask your dealer if they have a contact they would recommend or use www.yell.com some even do mobile repairs if you live in the right area.

• 4 weeks later...

wherabouts are you??

if you are anywhere near to burton on trent i know someone who is very good.

i managed to smash a 17" alloy on my smart car last year, couldn't get a replacement so had to have it repaired.

there was a huge dent probably about `3-5` cm into the wheel and at the top of that the wheel had split on the rim. also a huge cerb mark on it.

cost me 35 to have it fixed i think took 5 hours and when i took the wheel to a tyre place they said i was lucky not to have damaged the wheel.

(little did they know i had done and it had been repaired, just goes to show how good a job it was!.

don't know the phone number at the mo but i can find it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

im going to get all my wheels done at the same time. my brother kerbed one for me ??? the rest are only small scuffs but they piss me off.