Studen from the United States

HybridLUPO

Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I am from the United States. I am a Mechanical Engineering student at San Diego State University in San Diego, California. I am in the need of an ECU wiring diagram for a Lupo 3L. I am working on a Hybrid sportscar that is powered by a 1999 VW Lupo 1.2L diesel engine.

Here is a picture of the car. Any help would be much appreciated.

index_3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PS: I also need 1 or 2 of the automatic shifting units from this vehicle. If you have one or have access to getting one, please let me know as I am very interested.

Thanks.

We didn't actually get the 3L in the UK, you'd be better trying a Continential European website, rather than a UK based site like this...

Im not sure if it is actually the 3L model because they did not sell any diesel 3cyl in the states. My advisor knows what model car the engine came out of, but unfortunately he is unavailable at the moment. All I know is that I have a 1.2L 3 cyl. Turbocharged Diesel. Some of the sites I have been to call it a 3L and some say TDi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Im not sure if it is actually the 3L model because they did not sell any diesel 3cyl in the states. My advisor knows what model car the engine came out of, but unfortunately he is unavailable at the moment. All I know is that I have a 1.2L 3 cyl. Turbocharged Diesel. Some of the sites I have been to call it a 3L and some say TDi. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The TDi is a 1.4Ltr.

Good point...I think it did....and doesn't the Fox have one too? I think I was thinking of petrols....

But the 3L is the one thats the really efficient one with electronic toys to make it work

Edited by lunalupi

Only 1.2 TDI I believe is in the Lupo 3L sold in mainland Europe but not in the UK. The gearbox was an early form of DSG. Best looking at Europes Lupo websites if you can mate

Pete

Interesting project btw, VW themselves have made a similar prototype, look into the Volkswagen EcoRacer if you haven't already, you be able to get some clues.

Hi there. As above, the Lupo 1.2 TDi never got sold in the UK, but was sold in most European countries. There are several dedicated sites that will be able to help you, here are the ones I know about:

http://www.vw3literlupoclub.com/Home.html

http://www.lupo3lclub.de/

http://www.lupo3lklub.dk/news.php

Good luck with your project. It's looking great at the moment smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

BTW the Audi A2 also had a 3L version with the same 1.2 TDi engine as the Lupo. The ECU will probably be just the same, so you can also search for the Audi

Edited by Blue Loop