Maintainence Plans

Dave

I am considering VW's Maintainence plan, has anyone had one? Have they moaned like **** about replacing items when needed?

I am forseeing frequent Tires changes which is why I am considering it, how many miles have people got to a set of tires? And the same for brake pads? Exhausts?

Thats my only big complaint about the GTi - they tyre are only made by Dunlop.

I payed £105.

If you drive a little enthusiastically, the edges wear pretty quickly, but I've done 12000 miles on these tyres (assuming they weren't changed in the first 5000 miles before I had it) and the fronts would last another 3000 easily.

Bear in mind they've seen 3 EVO meets, aswell as the occasional "quick" getaway tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

Pads again seem pretty sturdy, 3 days of heavy EVO use, and while they aren't as sharp as they once were, they still seems ok.

How much is this Plan? I should imagine there are lots of Loop holes...

It basically works out for servicing, replacement of tires, and any maintainence items (items that wear out through wear and tear, but not damage) they want £250 per year.

Over three years that is £750.

Services cost £150 * 3 Years = £450

Brakefluid change = £60

1 Set of new tires = £105 * 4 = £420

1 Set of Brake Pades Front and Rear = £100

there are all items that I can see needing replacing within 3 years and as you can see it is £380 more than the plan. It may also need a new back box during this time which is covered on the plan.

Opinions??

i've got a plan and it seems like a good deal to me, i've done 7000 miles and don't think i'm far off a new pair of boots for the front - plus if i eventually get bigger rims, the maintenance policy will still replace tyres as they wear out (even if they are bigger!) think i do mine separately and pay monthly (about 20 squid) well worth it IMHO! :thumbs: