sound from around the rear axle - ...sound familiar??

when slowing down (even when NOT touching the brakes..) to the last couple of mph (from `4-5mph` to 0, also when starting acceleration) theres a sound "FWIIIIIP" coming from the rear axle..

sound familiar?? badly greased ballbearings?? who knows, and can tell??

thx all

special edition lol

ehm, yes the car is brand new, so its got a bit of warranty left

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

but, youll see, itll be the typical thing when you go to the store coz yr stereos broken and when you get to the store, all of a sudden it works again tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

ill get them to look at it though...

QUOTE(shao_khan)
Remember before they look at it to have them full inspect your car for dents, scratches and the like so they know what condition the car was in before they break it :0

....and i thought I was the king of paranoia biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Guest ModdedCars

I get a noise from the rear axle when reversing, but when the car is out of gear and I'm rolling backward.....

Not sure what FWIIIP sounds like though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> might be the same....

AH! there you have it... itll prob be the same.. did you check it with VW..??? actually its more like fwiiIIIIiiiiww come to think of it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

only when u go real slow right..

Yep. Its going in with VW this weekend, will ask them to check it out.

do you have any results yet on that issue, matt?

edit: 200th post tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited By bAAx on Mar. 10 2002 at 10:27

Guest ModdedCars

I completely forgot to ask them about it, like the tit that I am sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

They'd only have charged me for looking at it anyway! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />