Looking At Buying A Lupo or Arosa

JohnB

Hello all,

After lots of research I have decided that the Lupo or Arosa is the car for me. I love the looks, its small, tuneable (I have a long history of car modifying) and gets good mpg.

However I do a lot of mountain biking and need to know if a mountain bike (with wheels and seat post removed) will fit in the rear (back seats down obvioulsy). Does anybody mountain bike and get their bike in their car? Or can one of you measure the rear space with the drivers seat quite a long way back (I am 6` 2")?

Hoping for some good news!

John

Hiya, welcome to the club biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dont let the lupo people foul you, the arosa is the better car tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Im sure ive seen someone on here mention a bike in their car, im sure its possible, there is quite a bit of space with the seats folded. I had my rear seats out at the weekend and it was quite massive inside.

So if you need a bit more space its very easy to remove the rear seat squab for a bit more length in the boot. Im 6` 2" also, and there is quite a bit of space in the back still.

There is always the bike rack option if it doesnt fit.

Oh and thats an interesting couple of cars you have there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

I'va had (at various times) 4 alloy wheels, and entire interior, a bootlid, and this pile of stuff:

pile-of-stuff.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

in the back of mine...however I always use a bike rack to carry my bike. Is there any reason it has to go in the back, and not on a bike rack?

I reckon your bike frame would fit in the back EASILY no problems.

P.S. Ignore Cardaft, its all about the LUPO lol im oj both are great little cars.

NOCK

Thanks for the info. Thats good news. My bike is quite expensive so I dare not risk leaving it on a bike rack outside the car.

lunalupi, its also useful to see how much stuff you can get in as I will be doing similar soon, moving all my stuff from temporary digs back home.

Now to find a good 1.4 TDi.............

I've fitted mountains of stuff in mine over the years laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Full Arosa interior

The big pile of stuff up there ^^^ plus bike

The big pile of stuff up there again ^^^

More big piles of stuff!

Its like the Tardis..... huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

Hello all,

However I do a lot of mountain biking and need to know if a mountain bike (with wheels and seat post removed) will fit in the rear (back seats down obvioulsy). Does anybody mountain bike and get their bike in their car? Or can one of you measure the rear space with the drivers seat quite a long way back (I am 6` 2")?

no problem if the wheels arent on. ive done it. i have also fitted mine and my brothers bikes (bmx's) in the back fully intact so its all good, just need to wiggle them in and get the position right!

Slowly mainly! But still managed perfectly well - overtook a few people (gave them a bit of a shock!), just took it easy on the twisty bits smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

John Beardmore on Club Lupo blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Cant go anywhere these days................ surprised.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":surprised:" border="0" alt="surprised.gif" />

I do tend to keep up my reputation and do a few little mods....wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />