diagnostic message - dashboard antics

Hello everyone!

just discovered this place - kewl!

being the proud owner of a bright green (the fastest colour!) 1.4e am a bit concerned about a message that has appeared on the dash this morning in orange - "EPC" we do not have a manual for the vehicle so it could stand for anything

???

anyone know the answer?

thanks!

Percy

I'll get my manual from my car at lunch and have a flick through, Does it drive OK with the message and is it a UK spec car?

thanks for your replies -

car is UK spec - drives fine.

switched engine off and back on light still comes on.

bit of a mystery sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

If it is the emissions light there are quite a few on here who have had problems with it. Using cheep supermarket type fuel has been known to caused it, if that's what you use a tank of optimax might sort it or it could be a list of problems with the engine management or sensors.

funny another lupo bug. thought it was only on gti spec cars

The man from the AA has been out but seems pretty clueless - says we should find out if its still in warranty - so I ring the local VW dealership who give me the number of the supplying dealer (we bought the car secondhand) Hazeldon in Donny.

apparantly the warranty status on their records shows as "invalid" as there is no record of the car ever having been serviced!

we bought it from a garage on the basis that they were waiting for the service records from the former keeper - we have never had them so it seems that we have bought a car three months ago which now has 38,000 miles on it and it's never been serviced! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

still don't know what the dash message is for but I reckon it will be going in for a service pretty damn sharpish....

unpleased percy :mad:

oh sorry to hear that matey. did you not check the oil when you got it?