Sqeaking noises... - Things that go 'sqeak' in the night

I have a couple of sqeaks that have just appeared this week, one on the left hand side of the dash and the other under/in the drivers seat.

The one on the passenger side dash is strange as there isnt really anything there that moves. Possibilities are the airbag (seems unlikely), the fuse box or something to do with the air vent. Anyone else had anything similar?

The drivers seat I think is a more common one although it only does it when the seats in certain positions. Anyone found any cures for this as the seat has already been replaced once when Het owned the car?

Oh while I think I cant find the locking wheel nut adapter in the boot with the rest of the repair kit. Anyone know where it might be? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

squeeks eh? checked the wifes earrings? - cast your mind back smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i imagine the lock nut is 'somewhere safe' as you dont want to keep it with jack etc. cos where do theives go to find it when nicking your wheels!

probably been moved at some point and forgotten about. in fact since the prev owner was a woman its probably somewhere sensible like in the house with the cars paperwork biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i got squeaky noises allright... its like driving a `two-bit` van!

passenger seat, somewhere in the dash, around the rear safetybelts somewhere.. etc.etc..

ive sortof come to terms with them tho..

you have to, otherwise youll go insane biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Grey)
So the general verdict is crank the ICE system up a bit louder and then you cant hear them? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

nope then you cant hear the engine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

sorry im that way inclined biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Squeak from dash - Mine was from around where the tweeters are fitted, never could cure it.

Seat - How can you complain about this, a feature of nearly all VW seats these days. Best cure I found was to wind it all the way up in height, all the way down and then back to where you want it.

If you complain the dealer will "grease it up" for you.......

Hmm you could be right about the dash noise being in the tweeter, i forgot about that. As for the seat, I think I'll pass on the "greasing up" and go for the seat winding option smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I get a squeak from the passenger seat ut only when taking right hand bends at absurd speeds wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

...and mostly when my wife is in the car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I cured my passenger speaker noise by removing the trim and placing a strip of sound proof behind it, -I ought to get around to doing the drivers side too.

The sunroof mechanism around the switch makes a buzzing noise, which can be very annoying.

There is another noise which I think is the tailgate. These noises its had since new.

Now for the good news the Lupo is 2 1/2 years old and has covered 35,000 miles, it still cleans up like brand new, and not gained any more rattles and squeaks!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i havent noticed any squeeks or such in my loop biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

maybe if i turn off radio or cruise at low speeds i will, but the engine noise kinda drowns out everything at speed