Funny "steering"

Ok, this is hard to explain.

For a while now, I've had the steering feel quite "funny". Initial turn in is fine, but once you get to about 50% of the lock, it feels wierd, like spongy and jelly like.

Really strange, I'm sure it wasn't like that before.

Also, when I accelerate from a standing start (not fast), and while turning, I get a grinding feeling through the accelerator pedal, like the feeling you get when the EDL is kicking in. At about `5-10mph` it goes away.

Both are strange and hard to pinpoint. I've got a bad feeling I fucked something when I hit both those jumps at 50mph in Oxford and landed hard.

I'd tell the VW dealer, but seeing as its hard to explain they wont understand and they'll wont bother looking. Anyone else got this?

I met get Alex to have a go in mine round the service station carpark before the RR and see what he thinks.

Edited By MattyB on Feb. 27 2003 at 16:49

i'd be glad to matt. i have this knocking on mine as i reverse around full lock (which we've discussed before) and think it's down to the spring shifting in its cup - also think my offside front wheel bearing on it's way out - wondering whether it's down to the wrong offset with the wheels???