Fitting Rmote central locking

Where did everyone get their blank keys cut? Im finding it difficult to get someone to cut them, they all say you need to see VW.

I got told that too, but the bloke at the local dealership refused to give me phone numbers etc to get it done, so I just hunted about looking for locksmiths, phoning them up and if they couldn't do it, asking if they know anyone that could.

Have you tried asking around some garages? They may know someone who can help.

And Cobblers, you are a star for putting that up, nice one! B)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive searched high and low for a "how to" regarding retro fitting central locking modules on a Arosa. But i cant find anything interesting. Does any1 know andis there a faq? I really need centrallocking.

/R

I got told that too, but the bloke at the local dealership refused to give me phone numbers etc to get it done, so I just hunted about looking for locksmiths, phoning them up and if they couldn't do it, asking if they know anyone that could.

Have you tried asking around some garages? They may know someone who can help.

And Cobblers, you are a star for putting that up, nice one! B)

I got both my keys cut at my local timpsons which is next to our local sainsburys cost me £2 per key took about 2 mins to do.

another place quoted me £15 per key but could not do it in the end.

So if you have a timpsons your be ok.

http://www.timpson.com/

Cheers

Daz

I fitted one of these today, Dead easy! Got the kit from www.rclick.co.uk, came really quickly and was great for the money (£25)

The plugs you need are down in the drivers footwell, behind the bonnet pull. You need to get the bonnet pull off (On the back of the handle, near the top is a 1 inch square, push this in and the pull will spring off)

Remove the screw holding the cover on and pull it off towards the back of the car.

To wire it in you need to use the middle (brown) plug for most wires (+12v, Lock and Unlock) and the blue plug is used for Window Wind Up.

Red wire (+12v) connects to the Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.

White Wire (Lock) Goes to the Grey/Yellow in the brown plug

White/Black (Unlock) Goes to the Blue/violet in the brown plug

Green (Window roll up) Goes to the Grey/yellow in the blue plug.

Black (earth) use the screw that holds the silver bracket to the kick panel next to the door shut.

Yellow and Yellow/Black - Ground both of these

This leaves you with the 2x brown wires for the indicators, which most people will just cut off, but you can run them up the dash, into the steering column and join in with the indicator wires there (green and green/black) or to the headlight switch for the sidelights. I wired mine in to flash the full beam (White wire on headlamp stalks) which is much more current than the device should really switch. As an Electronic engineer I should know better, but I prefer it that way.

If you look up under the dash, under where the fuse box is you'll see a white "frame" that holds a few connectors and relays. My c/l box fitted up the back of this perfectly!

Fitted mine today, using your guide. Only bit that was different was the indicators they are green/black and black/white. There were a few green and green blacks. I had the wipers moving when locking at one point :lol:

Fitted mine today, using your guide. Only bit that was different was the indicators they are green/black and black/white. There were a few green and green blacks. I had the wipers moving when locking at one point :lol:

I got confused at that point too, so I just left it with no lights. Green/black and black/white you say...will have to have a play tomorrow me thinks.

Whoops, Misprint! I'll edit it!

Thanks for the guide, it really helped.

Did you do the boot release? Or could this be wired to the headlights or something just so I could flash the lights with the middle button on the remote :D

I was thinking that, thought it would be a good idea to wire it up to the horn...should stop the chavs hanging about near the car

• 6 months later...

Instead of writing another 'remote locking' thread...can someone please confirm what colour the boot release wire is and which coloured block it is in...

Also are the rest of the wires the following:

+12v POSITIVE: Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.

LOCK: Grey/Yellow in the brown plug

UNLOCK: Blue/violet in the brown plug

WINDOW ROLL UP: Grey/yellow in the blue plug.

-12v EARTH: ground location under dash

INDICATORS: white/black and green/black located under steering column or hazard warning switch.

Thanks kindly, Sanj.

• 2 weeks later...

I definately need some help on this...I have fitted the locking kit i have based on the above wires being use. Now i seem to have a problem.

When i lock the car, it locks...then i unlock and it unlocks...BUT i open the drivers door and the windows automatically roll down. When i lock the car, it locks again but windows dont go up.

I believe the lock/unlock wires are wrong...they are the same colours as the window closure/open wires...i.e:

yellow/grey= window close.

blue/violet= window open.

They appear to be in both the blue and the brown connectors...can someone shed some light on this? or let me know what programme would give me access to wiring schematics for the lupo...i have friends at vw that might be able to help. :)

Can someone confirm...that if you dont use the 5p disc on delocked handles and you fit remote locking...the microswitch that controls window closure/opening by turning the key in the door will either remain active or not??

how does the 5p thing work exactly... :confused:

Hi all,

Ive just bought this kit for a lupo, and these are the guides needed:

This is the Central Lock wirings connection diagram.

Please; check/read this first link:

Universal Fitting ? All vehicles:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/documents/Universa...ll_Vehicles.pdf

http://rclick.co.uk/pdf/vw_lupo.pdf

User name: mkd

Password: rclick

Car Security Installation Guide:

http://www.rclick.co.uk/documents/car_secu...ation_guide.pdf

--------------

As for the key, when ordered it will come with the 'rclick' eblim on the fob, and the two vw stickers will be seperate, this is fine! When you come to take the transponder (the little black chip) from your old vw key, take the rclick logo off then you will see two little screws, unscrew these and then you will see a slot for your transponder to go. Super glue this in, re-assemble your key then put the VW logo ontop of the two screws.

On the other side, you will also see two screws which are further apart, this is simply enable you to get to the circuit board so you can replace the battery.

I hope this helps.

Chris

mate...that helps us out loads. Thanks for doing that.

I'll re-do the wiring so i'm accessing the wiring coming FROM the drivers door instead of do it after it connects into the rest of the cars wiring...but i see no difference, maybe its the rest of it.

Let me know how you get on wiring it. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Instead of writing another 'remote locking' thread...can someone please confirm what colour the boot release wire is and which coloured block it is in...

Also are the rest of the wires the following:

+12v POSITIVE: Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.

LOCK: Grey/Yellow in the brown plug

UNLOCK: Blue/violet in the brown plug

WINDOW ROLL UP: Grey/yellow in the blue plug.

-12v EARTH: ground location under dash

INDICATORS: white/black and green/black located under steering column or hazard warning switch.

Thanks kindly, Sanj.

Hi all!

I have an Arosa and guess that the wiring is very similar... I have wired up everything but the window closure wires.... There doesnt seem to be a Blue box next to the Brown... are is it located with the fuse box? Its a '98 MK1 Arosa.

Many thanks

Dale

I fitted one of these today, Dead easy! Got the kit from www.rclick.co.uk, came really quickly and was great for the money (£25)

The plugs you need are down in the drivers footwell, behind the bonnet pull. You need to get the bonnet pull off (On the back of the handle, near the top is a 1 inch square, push this in and the pull will spring off)

Remove the screw holding the cover on and pull it off towards the back of the car.

To wire it in you need to use the middle (brown) plug for most wires (+12v, Lock and Unlock) and the blue plug is used for Window Wind Up.

Red wire (+12v) connects to the Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.

Green (Window roll up) Goes to the Grey/yellow in the blue plug.

Black (earth) use the screw that holds the silver bracket to the kick panel next to the door shut.

Yellow and Yellow/Black - Ground both of these

This leaves you with the 2x brown wires for the indicators, which most people will just cut off, but you can run them up the dash, into the steering column and join in with the indicator wires there (white/black and green/black) or to the headlight switch for the sidelights. I wired mine in to flash the full beam (White wire on headlamp stalks) which is much more current than the device should really switch. As an Electronic engineer I should know better, but I prefer it that way.

If you look up under the dash, under where the fuse box is you'll see a white "frame" that holds a few connectors and relays. My c/l box fitted up the back of this perfectly!

A few questions... I dont appear that have a blue plug in the kick panel area (where the brown one is).. thus am unable to locate the window roll up wire.

I have the following:

However the remote only seems to unlock the car and not lock...

Finally my kit has a wire for the horn, any ideas where I can best locate this wire?

Cheers for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

right first off thanks to all the guys for the which wire were posts, i ordered one of these for my sisters lupo, fitted it all works fine except i cant unlock the car... i used the instructions given in this thread any ideas people???

oh it unlocks with the key.

cheers AJ

right first off thanks to all the guys for the which wire were posts, i ordered one of these for my sisters lupo, fitted it all works fine except i cant unlock the car... i used the instructions given in this thread any ideas people???

oh it unlocks with the key.

cheers AJ

Make sure that the box is set to unlock and so is the car. Ie, if the car is unlocked yet the LED on the remote kit is flashing, then it wont work as they are out of sync.

I had this problem earlier. Just lock it with the key or vice versa and it should be ok!

Fitted this after work today and it works perfectly!

Ok I got it locking unlocking flashing and bleeping! now only need to figure out the window closure.. I dont have a blue block in the kick box area.. only a brown and black. I understand window closure is in a blue box and is a grey/yellow wire just like the lock/unlock wire.... any help? Its an arosa.

• 5 months later...

Ive fitted one of these today, works fine including window closure but my window switches arent working :wacko:

drivers window wont work at all and the passenger switch goes down only, press up and it still goes down :wacko:

switch on passenger door works fine

Anyone got any ideas?