Fitting Rmote central locking

Auto Window Roll Up.

RCL Green Wire >> Blue Block >> Grey/Yellow Wire.

I am positive that to get the Remote boot release you need to connect as follows.

RCL Red/Black Wire >> ??? Block >> ??? Wire (Positive Boot Trigger)

RCL Pink >> ??? Block >> ??? Wire (Negative Boot Trigger)

Need the Specific Car wires figured out tho..?

Lupo*

Edited by Lupo*

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to connect all this, where would you connect the wires? on top or on the bottom of the blocks

also do you just cut the wires and solder them to the RCL wires or use the little red things,

pictures of complete systems would be great,

has anyone discovered the boot release?

cheers

(also,

I put the remote box up behind the dash centre console

is this in the dash, or just ontop, i wanted to try and hide the box, but not sure if i can?)

any help appreciated

thanks again

Mark

i personally connected to the top part of the block. you get little red clips that connect te wires together with no mess or cutting.

you have about 60cm of wire lenght so i put my box at the back/bottom of the steering column. some people have put behind the centre console.

im going to see wether a genuine vw flip key will programme to these rcl units. as i have got instructions on how to progamme the keys for these units, its wether it will recongnise the frequency of the genuine key.

Remote setup - coding

For Keyless Entry System:

1) Open the control unit (there are 4 screws)

2) Inside the control unit there is a tiny push switch

3) Press the switch for couple of seconds

*before pressing the switch - make sure the unit power is connected

4) Press any key on the remote.

This step has to be done straight after step 3!

5) That's it!

Lupo*

p.s i still need info on the boot release negative and positve locks wires/block???

• 4 months later...

I bought this kit (KE60w) today!! Spoke to the guy and he's a top fella, in the post already!! :shades:

I'm gonna do a group buy on these I reckon!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Its all fitted and working (as of last week) and NO problems so far!! :shades:

The ONLY thing i'd advise on the fitting is to make sure that the metal blade in the connectors supplied goes ALL THE WAY IN when pushed into the cables!!

The Keys are great and the i'd reccomend this kit to anyone looking to upgrade from just having central locking!! ;)

• 6 months later...

If anyone is having trouble with this kit or with the windows roll up i fitted it succefully with the windows roll up function working and with the deadlock function too.

have written down the colours if anyone wants then just shout. the blocks to connect to is the lower ones drivers side you need to take bonnet realease catch off to get to them.

Cheers

Daz

Just ordered one of these kits, fed up with carrying two keys around with me!

Anyway, how have you hidden the RCL box? Any advice, for someone with the mechanical ability of a fish, of how to get it behind the dash?

Any help would me MUCH appriciated!

I had mine installed a few months ago, worked well up to now...

It seems to work randomly, and if it does, the hazard lights do not blink when it locks/unlocks.

It's gone abit dodge, appears to work, then stop, then work randomly.

I believe there is a loose wire, but haven't any idea where to look, I know where the control unit is so have disconnected and reconnected, checked the fuses on the wires. But I'm stumped.

I'll book it in for an hour with my mechanic, he'll figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Urgh! Spent AGES trying to get the kick panel off, resorted to shouting at my mate and using a hammer to prize it off (the kick panel, not my mate.) Was the bonet release handle meant to come off or not?

Anyway, the insructions that came with the kit aren't much help to me, or a mechanic I got to have a look at it for me.

Feel free to insult my lameness at such simple things, but I am completly crap at it! Could one of you nice people write a step by step guide for me? In as simple terms as possible!

The mechinic started to talk about "ECUs not relays" if that means anything to anyone? :wacko:

Sorry for bringing up an old topic but it's been driving me crazy all afternoon!

This topic helpd me alot last week, i had the KE60w kit from right click, if you got the same i could help you out! :shades:

I've got the same kit - just the black version. It's just a case of me not being very technically minded with things like this, and fear of what happens if I bugger it up!

• 1 month later...

hi could rly do with a quick reply, just fitting the ke60 kit car locks with the fob but wont unlock? on the rcl the white/black is the unlock and i thought this went to the blue violet? also where have people pickd up there earth connection from?

lmao! im such a knob! its all done and working, stayed at my gf last nite, thought nah i wont need my multimeter! lol, i wired the earth up to not an earth, sorted that and its all good. if you want a hand with wire colours pm me dude. :D

lmao! im such a knob! its all done and working, stayed at my gf last nite, thought nah i wont need my multimeter! lol, i wired the earth up to not an earth, sorted that and its all good. if you want a hand with wire colours pm me dude. :D

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone got a list of what wires to connect?

Sorry to be a pest by bringing up dead topics!

I fitted one of these today, Dead easy! Got the kit from www.rclick.co.uk, came really quickly and was great for the money (£25)

The plugs you need are down in the drivers footwell, behind the bonnet pull. You need to get the bonnet pull off (On the back of the handle, near the top is a 1 inch square, push this in and the pull will spring off)

Remove the screw holding the cover on and pull it off towards the back of the car.

To wire it in you need to use the middle (brown) plug for most wires (+12v, Lock and Unlock) and the blue plug is used for Window Wind Up.

Red wire (+12v) connects to the Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.

White Wire (Lock) Goes to the Grey/Yellow in the brown plug

White/Black (Unlock) Goes to the Blue/violet in the brown plug

Green (Window roll up) Goes to the Grey/yellow in the blue plug.

Black (earth) use the screw that holds the silver bracket to the kick panel next to the door shut.

Yellow and Yellow/Black - Ground both of these

This leaves you with the 2x brown wires for the indicators, which most people will just cut off, but you can run them up the dash, into the steering column and join in with the indicator wires there (white/black and green/black) or to the headlight switch for the sidelights. I wired mine in to flash the full beam (White wire on headlamp stalks) which is much more current than the device should really switch. As an Electronic engineer I should know better, but I prefer it that way.

If you look up under the dash, under where the fuse box is you'll see a white "frame" that holds a few connectors and relays. My c/l box fitted up the back of this perfectly!

Edited by cobblers