Fitting Rmote central locking

ok got it. but dont know where to start. can someone do a small guide. i dont even know where it goes lol

Daz1981 (the guy that started the topic) has go his fully installed and working. He should be able to shed some light on this!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok got it. but dont know where to start. can someone do a small guide. i dont even know where it goes lol

here you go mate

Right I put the remote box up behind the dash centre console

To get to the wires to connect the box up you need to take the plastic trim of by the drivers side a pillar next to the bonnet realise handle. Under there is 3 blocks of wires that your need to set it up.

The blocks I used was the brown and blue block. And the indicator wires are located under the steering column

You should have got given a lupo wire colour sheet the only wire colour not on there is the one for windows roll up I used grey/yellow in the blue block.

There is a permanent feed for power in the brown block the wire colour for this is blue/yellow.

To get the dead locks to work we used the close wire in the brown block.

This is just a guide your car maybe be diff mine is a sport hope this helps.

Cheers Daz

here you go mate

Right I put the remote box up behind the dash centre console

To get to the wires to connect the box up you need to take the plastic trim of by the drivers side a pillar next to the bonnet realise handle. Under there is 3 blocks of wires that your need to set it up.

The blocks I used was the brown and blue block. And the indicator wires are located under the steering column

You should have got given a lupo wire colour sheet the only wire colour not on there is the one for windows roll up I used grey/yellow in the blue block.

There is a permanent feed for power in the brown block the wire colour for this is blue/yellow.

To get the dead locks to work we used the close wire in the brown block.

This is just a guide your car maybe be diff mine is a sport hope this helps.

is it a case of just pluggin in or have u hard wired it?

Cheers Daz

Some pictures of he fob and key cut. i too the chip out my vw key as a place for it inside hey presto looks pretty smart.

PICT0639.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT0638.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PICT0637.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

cheers Daz

ok, took dash apart and found this (guess this is where i hook all my wires too.) but i dont have a brown block, as mentioned above.

im losing my patience with this now. i still have no clue what to do.

here is what i have

WIRING.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I have the instructions for every wire with the RCL unit (i understand what each wire does) but i dont understand the car wires and how they connect up with each of the wires on the RCL unit. is there a wire diagram for the lupo s. cant find one on google.

Thanks.

Well at least im a Pro now at removing and install a lupo dash. done it enough times now.

ok, took dash apart and found this (guess this is where i hook all my wires too.) but i dont have a brown block, as mentioned above.

im losing my patience with this now. i still have no clue what to do.

here is what i have

WIRING.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I have the instructions for every wire with the RCL unit (i understand what each wire does) but i dont understand the car wires and how they connect up with each of the wires on the RCL unit. is there a wire diagram for the lupo s. cant find one on google.

Thanks.

Well at least im a Pro now at removing and install a lupo dash. done it enough times now.

mate here is a link try this.

http://www.rclick.co.uk/pdf/vw_lupo.pdf

as for your question about the red wire if its the power from the rcl unit thats goes to the one i said was perminants feed. the wires on the rcl unit will not match the same colours as on the lupo.

I just bought and installed one of these kits, its very good, the quality of the key(s) is way above expected, and works perfectly. plus you can de-lock both sides wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

nice cheep mod, would recommend to anyone.

Anf.

Please can someone Fill in the Blanks here, as im am a tard over this whole thing. and i just want a definate plan thats gonna work.

Thanks for your time.

A pic of my wiring setup on lupo 1.4 S

lupopdfwiringcopy.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Please try and use this format.

e.g RCL 1 >> Blue Block >> Red Wire (Window Rollup)

RCL 1.

RCL 2.

RCL 3.

RCL 4.

RCL 5.

RCL 6.

RCL 7.

RCL 8.

RCL 9.

RCL 10.

RCL 11.

RCL 12.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Lupo*

is this the chip in the key? how do you remove it, cos i been trying and it looks to me like you got to demolish the key to get it out, as its stuck in there pretty well.

DSC00148.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

is this the chip in the key? how do you remove it, cos i been trying and it looks to me like you got to demolish the key to get it out, as its stuck in there pretty well.

DSC00148.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Hi yes that is the chip. I wedged mine out with a screwdriver as it glued on!

i used a scalpel, and a small screwdriver to prise it out. once you've got it out, you will have to attach it on the inside of the fob, at the very end (where the key comes out) and stick it in some how, otherwise you wont be able to start your car.

Anf.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Below is how I have everything connected in the car at the moment, however, I have a couple of problems that I'm hoping someone can help with. I have the KE60 kit by the way.

RCL 1. - Orange - Left on its own (unconnected)

RCL 2. - White - brown block, grey/yellow

RCL 3. - Yellow - Earthed with black and yellow/black

RCL 4. - Orange/black - Left on its own (unconnected)

RCL 5. - White/black - brown block, blue/violet

RCL 6. - Yellow/black - Earthed with black and yellow

RCL 7. - Black - Earthed with yellow and yellow/black

RCL 8. - Red/black - Left on its own (unconnected)

RCL 9. - Red - brown block, blue yellow (permanent feed)

RCL 10. - Pink - Left on its own (unconnected)

RCL 11. - Brown - black/white steering column

RCL 12. - Brown - black/green steering column

RCL 13. - Green - Left on its own (unconnected)

The car unlocks with the remote and the hazard lights flash correctly. When I press the lock button, the hazard lights flash, but it doesn't lock the car. Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Also was hoping someone could tell me what to connect where to get the windows roll up working.

Thanks in advance

Jake

You're in the wrong place there I think mate. Thats up under the bottom half of the dash. You need to take off the bonnet release handle and the plastic part the handle is over. Once the handle is off, there's one phillips screw holding it on then it just slides towards the front of the car I think it is. The brown and blue blocks are behind there.

cheers jake. thanks for that. thought i was going crazy and was starting to believe i owned a saxo or sumthing!

i was like brown block!?... wtf! where is the brown block...

Cheers

either

Orange, orange/black, red/black, pink or green is window roll up. which goes to blue block >> grey/yellow. but which?

also deadlocks is 1 of the above. any ideas

did any one full fit one of these kis after and isit any good?? and also could you write up a full guide please thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

Yay! fitted te rcl today all went soooo well. concidering i was not very confident.

Pretty easy to tell the truth. and all the info for the basic fitting is all included in this thread.

but...

i dont know the RCL wire for

a. Window Roll Up (RCL Colour Wire >> Block >> Wire in Block)

b. Boot Release.

So if anyone knows please post.

Very Happy with the kit and the fobs.

1 of my fobs was not working when i received the kit. but i emailed the supplier and they sent me a brand new fob with 2 extra blades and 2 more vw logos F.O.C and got the next day.

Please anyone if you can provide the above not listed on instructions wires.

Thanks

Lupo*