Bullucks!

My Xenons are broken sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Took my sister to pick up her Pug, pulled onto the carpark. Parked up. Dropped her off. Starts car, its pretty dark, so I put the sidelights on, but turned the knob too far, so I put my Xenons on instead.

Whoops, I thought, turn em off. *click* .... hmm.....they're still on.

*click* ..... `uh-oh`..... *click* *CLICK*. Lights are still on. And now they wont turn off. I can turn the sidelights off, but not the Xenons. Luckily, they turn off with the ignition, but when I'm driving tomorrow, I'll have to drive in the daytime with them on, and look like a tit. ???

Oh well.....I also notice my VIN Plate is missing from under the windscreen....now that DOESN'T look good either....

• 2 weeks later...

My tech knowledge isn't great but here's a thought - the rear axle noise could be just crud from the rear brake pads causing a bit of grinding. I sometimes get brake noise if my car has been parked up for a couple of days. Also I used to have a Mark IV polo which always had noisy front brakes and it was only after I persuaded the VW dealer to replace both the discs and pads (even though they had plenty of miles left in them) that it got better (but never went away entirely).

On a slightly different note, my GTI has a distinct rattle from the rear - apparently due to tailgate flexion - according to the VW dealer. They've replaced hydraulic tailgate struts and are now going to replace the tailgate wiring loom and lock (all under warranty of course smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). They reckon it's a common problem with Lupo's (they always say that though) so I wondered if anyone else has encountered this?

I fixed the Xenons, thankfully - it just seemed to fix itself...

As for the Rattle, never had it, and I've not heard of anyone else getting it?

And K&N - it only takes 15 mins to fit/remove, so I just take it off when it needs to go in to VW....smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyona has had any problems with their gears? I mean, the `gear-knob` looks like it is going to come off any minute. The only thing they can think of in VW is to change the whole lot (thanks to my `3-year` warranty smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

what about the electric windows, no problem for anyone? hmmmmmmmmm my car seems to have caught a cold tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I had a couple of problems with electric windows both on my TDI lupo (previous car) and my GTI. Basically when I tried to use the one touch up or down control the window would get halfway and stick. It still worked fine when you kept your finger on the control though. VW just repalced the motors when I mentioned it.

Both of the cars were ex demonstrators and I have a suspicion the problem has something to do with overdoing things with a powerful pressure washer as the same windows with the motor problems also had small leaks around the seal - only noticeable when jet washed!

Aaargh

my replaced driver side window seal has just fallen off as I was driving with the window down

Can't dealerships get the smallest jobs right? mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

I guess there are some plusses to VW dealerships - I'm posting this from their free internet access PC while my loop is having a new window seal, taigate lock and wiring loom fitted. That should solve my leaks and rattles smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />