`RE-TUNING` - INDUCTION KITS

i99y

DO YOU HAVE TO GET THE ENGINE `RE-TUNED` ONCE YOU FIT AN INDUCTION KIT??? IVE FITTED A K&N AND NEED TO KNOW ASAP COS I KNOW PEOPLE WHO DONT BOTHER AND PEOPLE WHO SWEAR BY IT!!

ANSWERS PLEEEEEZ sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

you used to have to retune with carbs, but with modern injection engines controlled by ecu's, the 'brain' will compensate for the any new fueling etc - so no, you don't need to 'retune'...had bmc filter on mine and powerflow exhaust and had no probs wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

CHEERZ GUYS!!

I HAVE NOTICED THAT I HAVE A LOT OF WATER COMING OUT THE EXHAUST NOW, IS THAT DUE TO THE INDUCTION KIT OR HAVE I JUST NEVER NOTICED IT BEFORE??? I DONT KNOW??? biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

condensation. some cars piss them selfs some cars only on start up. dosn't taste to good but dosn't do any harm. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />