Potential Lupo Owner

CrouchingWayne

Hello, I have been interested in VW Lupo's for a while, however I didn't own one. I believe my [old] car will be written off after a bad crash the other day so I am now on the look-out for another car.

I was planning on saving for a Lupo GTi, however with a crash (and only being 19/20) I may have to look at other models. I am considering the 100bhp 1.4 Lupo. Whats ort of power figures can I get for decent money with each model?

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the car in general, performance figures, reviews, pictures of fully modified versions etc.

I would like to euro the car as much as (and as soon as) possible, coilovers, some nice wheels - roof rack/box.

Anyway, general suggestions pictures and hello's welcome smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Was scanning through the pictures and various forums and didn't find much info on the interiors of the Lupo?

Has anyone got any pctures or comments on the interior? I quite fancied a car with electric luxuries such as windows etc. and a sun roof if I could as well as, ideally, leather. Obviously I know not all cars have these but what would the typical lupo have?

HIya, welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thats a really nice interior actually. I used to have an entry level Fiesta which was far worse than that inside.

Are there a lot of differences between the various models interiors or is the above a decent representation?

Really its not surprising that a VW has a better interior than a fiesta though tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thats a GTi interior, later sport lupos look quite similar as they got GTi seats, but early sports have different seats, less support and no red stitching.

The GTi also has one solid cover over the speedo but others have a double shaped cover.

If your looking for a quickish lupo then the sport will be the best bet for a younger driver, although it is in group 6 insurance, the next step down is the 1.4 75 BHP, which is better lower down in the revs as the sport engine doesnt pick up until later in the rev range i believe. The 75bhp comes in E and S trim, S is the one with electric windows, central locking etc, like the sport.

Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris.

There seems to be a lot of Lupo editions out there its too confusing! I like the idea of the 1.4 100bhp, I imagine it would be fairly nippy with the Lupo being so light too.

Yes, they are fairly nippy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Been driving mine for just over a week now, and it'll sit quite happily in 4th bumbling along at town speeds. Pickup is ok at lower revs, but a lot better if you're doing 3500+. I'm still getting used to it, both my previous audi and my pug have stupid amounts of torque, so can pick up from quite low revs, the lupo doesn't do quite so well, but does shift once it gets going.

Tis a nice car, and so easy to park too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

welcome to the club.

the sport is a nice lupo, quick enough for what youll need, enough to get you out of trouble and have a bit of fun too. youll be very hard pushed to find a sport with leather but a sunroof should be an easier option to come by. best bet is to try and find one at a dealers and take it for a drive. youll soon know if you will enjoy the drive as i can imagine itll be quite different to a fiesta.

good luck with your search

Jen x