New Member - need some advice please

tkiddle

1.4 lupo sport 100bhp confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

What does every one think of them?

are they quick enough?

How many miles can you get out of them?

Thanks for all your help!

You're on a Lupo forum so I have a sneaking suspicion we may have a positive view about them.

Quick enough for what? Fairly nippy driving, Yes. Breaking the sound barrier, No.

Do you mean MPG?

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

(EDIT: Welcome to the forum, you 'll get used to the sarcasm after a while tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

Edited by Max69vk

1.4 lupo sport 100bhp confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

1. What does every one think of them?

2. are they quick enough?

3. How many miles can you get out of them?

Thanks for all your help!

1. It's a good enough car for me at the minute, the standard suspension tends to roll quite a bit but its still possible to have some fun with it on a nice country lane. There is plenty of space despite their

2. The power is quite good (very quick for a 1.4) but its not the fastest car on the road, but not the slowest by a long way. 0-60 is in the low 9's - with a well looked after stock-sport anyway, so plenty of power for overtaking. The gearbox seems to cry out for a sixth gear as on the motorway the revs are around 3700 rpm, but it never feels out of its depth. Brakes are good, as they are essentially slightly downgraded versions of the GTI brakes (that have to cope with an extra 25ps) Insurance group is the biggest cause for celebration - 6 is quite competitive for the performance on offer.

3. I get around 43mpg in mine, with fully synthetic oil using Shell V-Power 99Ron Petrol - thats around 240-260 miles to around £25 of petrol. Not bad.

1. It's a good enough car for me at the minute, the standard suspension tends to roll quite a bit but its still possible to have some fun with it on a nice country lane. There is plenty of space despite their

2. The power is quite good (very quick for a 1.4) but its not the fastest car on the road, but not the slowest by a long way. 0-60 is in the low 9's - with a well looked after stock-sport anyway, so plenty of power for overtaking. The gearbox seems to cry out for a sixth gear as on the motorway the revs are around 3700 rpm, but it never feels out of its depth. Brakes are good, as they are essentially slightly downgraded versions of the GTI brakes (that have to cope with an extra 25ps) Insurance group is the biggest cause for celebration - 6 is quite competitive for the performance on offer.

3. I get around 43mpg in mine, with fully synthetic oil using Shell V-Power 99Ron Petrol - thats around 240-260 miles to around £25 of petrol. Not bad.

Cheezz Pete!

That helped. ive seen a red and black lupo on here you many have seen it its a 1.4 sport lovely car black rims with a red lip, really nice.

what can i do on a not so huge budget to get this car kicking ass, i'd like to get it moving a lot faster?

Thanks Tomaz

Thats my favourite sport too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You can only get a sport to start moving faster if you start spending a lot of money on it, insurance will go up to. If your after a bit of extra power the best route is to just buy a gti. If you want to get really good power then arguably, the lupo sport is as good as any for a 1.8T conversion.

Pete

as pete said, you are looking at serious money for some real good power out of a sport smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1.8t would be good though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />