K&N MK2 - K&N

shao_khan

Yep, done the stereo, like you say, had to move the HU to the bottom, as it seemed like the changer was too deep to fit.

Took us a while to sort all the cabling out, so many cables, too little room! But we got there in the end! And its all working superbly!

Currently enjoying the K&N very much smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Its a good balance because on the motorway, or cruising its silent, but when you start to belt around town, it sounds bloody great, and above 5k its absolutely manic!

I think that loss in petrol consumption is more to do with the fact that you just cant help but hit the redline all the time.....well, I know I cant now..... wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Cheers in helping fit it aswell !

Ha! Your 265bhp 1.8Turbo, with its Porsche stopping power, and 4WD won't stand a CHANCE against my FWD, 125bhp 1.6 with the power of a K&N Induction kit! Oh, and my standard brakes smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bring it on ! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You'll have to cut me some slack about my ignorance here but I fitted a K&N element to a polo before - no problem, however I can't seem to figure out how to get the plastic cover off of the airbox / intake manifold on my lupo - no visible clips or bolts and I don't want to pull at it too much ???

The other thing is where can I get a K&N induction kit anyway - I've spent ages searching for filters / induction kits for the Lupo but all I could find was a Jetex replacement element. Do you have a kit packaged as a Polo GTI product?

THe K&N that MAtt got from me is the kit for Polo GTI.

If he is feeling generous Matt might want to scan the instructions for you!!

In the interim, to remove the engine cover you need to unclip the two silver strips across the top of the cover - quite fiddly but can be done with a flat bladed screw driver, there are several clips on top and bottom of each silver strip.

Once removed there are two bolts on the front, once undone the front lifts off and the rear clips into place on each side so just pull it forward. Once moved you can see the whole airbox.

approx 7 screws hold the top of the airbox on, remove top, remove filter and two screws (one inside the assembly one outside centre front) and a plug hold the bottom of the airbox on. Unclip fron airhose to side and you are away all ready for K&N 5.0 V8 manic sounds.........

I can scan the instructions, if you want them?

Like Chris says, its pretty simple (or should I say, it "looked" pretty simple whilst I was standing there monitoring Chris's installation smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

As for petrol Consumption, I'm not sure what going on with it to be honest. I've done 100 miles and got 5/8 of a tank left, which means I should be well on for about 230miles to the tank - which I what I normally get....

AND I've blatted it a bit more than usual (well, cant get enough of the noise at 6000rpm!). Strange, but great!

Thanx for the tips - a scan of the instructions would be great though once I can see the airbox hopefully the rest should fall into place.

I wondered about those plastic strips but didn't dar try to lever them off in case I damaged them.

just go a bit easy, once you see the first clip it becomes quite obvious how it all comes apart.

As for fuel economy, I think that my Lupo may have a problem as the fuel economy has not improved, so I may have a fueling problem ...... Oh maybe not my problem wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />