NOS

Putney

Looking into the costs of fitting NOS on loopy. Went in a modded saxo vts with NOS. Like the idea of flicking a missle type launch switch and ragging it.

Any one know if a lupo has been fitted with NOS or if its possible? Do you think clutch might have to be upgraded?

NOS sounds nice at first but makes your engine last less. It makes the engine life shorter sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . It is possible to put in in the GTi, the chassis should be able to cope with it... but try to explain that to the insurance dude biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You'll need uprated chassis and brakes before you even look at NOS. Chassis especially....

Bearing in mind you'll have a possible 180bhp on tap, giving you a `0-60` time of `sub-6` seconds if you could control the wheelspin.

And yeah, insurance will be a bitch....to be fair, you could get away with not declaring it...cause you don't have to have it "in" all the time...

And if you had an accident, I'd get out the car and throw the canister in the nearest bush biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

But seriously, you should declare it, and more than likely they'll ask you to put a "Flammible Gas" sticker on the cars exterior too ....

I think i am going to do the brakes first as i am not that impressed with the standard lupo brakes. I drove my mates 206 gti thought they were a lot more responsive. You only have to put a tiny amount of pressure on the pedal and you almost nut the steering wheel! would only fit NOS when I have sorted out brakes.

Wouldnt tell my insurance company. already paying £1600! I think its only worth telling them about exterior mods. as you can remove all other mods by the time they come to check out your vechicle. Exhausts wheels and other exterior mods are all visible in photographs. I recommend keeping a camera in your car. Proved very usefull in my bus crash.

Not sure about the External mods only thing, if your in a bad accident, there is shit all you can do about removing mods if your hospital?

And if the accident was your fault, insurance voids your claim, you've got, at the least, another persons car to repay, PLUS any injury compensation they screw you for....

And if you run someone over, your REALLY fucked....

Not worth it, IMO, but I know people who have done it and never had any problems...luck of the draw, I guess...

I dont think an insurance company would insure me with NOS on my car. They are not that happy with modded cars + Im only 20. So my insurance is a bitch. Yeah not really worth going to jail for 50 BHP may be 60 BHP. Ha ha. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Have you declared your induction kit.? does this affect insurance very much?

You can always say that you had just fitted NOS and were on your way to the insurance office to tell 'em bout it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

NOS will only kill your engine if its incorrectly fitted and/or set up. It will also kill your engine if it is used incorrectly. When you use NOS you need to make sure that the engine is running at or above the limit where peak torque is produced, otherwise it will strain the engine and kill it. Most engines are easily strong enough to take an increase in power, no car should have a problem with a 50 bhp jet. You can also get controllers that will only inject NOS when your engines running at a safe RPM to do so, they will also feed it in gradually from say 10%-100%, or 40%-80%, you can programme different settings. As for Chassis and brake upgrades, so long as your responsible with your NOS, you shouldn't need them. Its not permanent power, so use it when its safe to i.e. Overtaking, away from tossers in Novas at the lights (not that they have a hope in hell against a GTI), not just before you're going into a corner. Gotta get NOS