3L build

Mitchell

i have had the old topic removed so i can give a compressed view to the whole process and save people wading through 24 pages.

i'll go from purchase up until current.

purchased car.1.4 s

wheels064.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

fitted full polo gti wiring and motor

wheels053.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

wheels059.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

wheels063.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

coilovers came next along with bmc filter and a black bonnet, plate change and black p slots

wheels112.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

then i drove it daily with a big smile added the roof rack some old school vw stickers, polished a gti bonnet and i refurbed some bbs rm's then drove to ed 38, 2005.

E382005woohoo017.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

lupo.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSCN7670.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

5 month's of driving like this rat stylee i thought the car deserved a make over, i'd been over in berlin and spotted a lupo 3L in a dealership and thought the lines of the car were very clean, i set about locating all the part's from vw, not so easy in england as the car was never available to these shore's.

more to follow later as i'm off out tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by mitch unit 21

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest chris i still have a soft spot for it as it was. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

loved how it looked with the roof rails and the ariel on the front! but still looks awesome now, dunno id have a dilema me self deciding which one to have if you put them both side by side! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by scotty

yeh drove to leeds with no dash and the clocks cable tied up tyneside146.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

then the 3L parts started arriving, the front bumper first then the wing's as they are different at the leading edge.

tyneside177.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

witnessthelowness012.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by mitch unit 21

the yellow one did look nice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i love how everyone talks like it was another car

ITS THE SAME ONE ITS NOW GRAY laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

you're doing this a lot to me!

I KNOW!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

possibly, improperly phrased then...

"I liked it when it was yellow!" tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

you're doing this a lot to me!

I KNOW!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

possibly, improperly phrased then...

"I liked it when it was yellow!" tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

sorry it was not aimed at you there is a few people who have said it in this thread

just you were the last so used it as a quote wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

yeh i'm on with it now, it was'nt structurally damaged but i'm changing a few thing's. hlBTJG7HJx.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i made the sill extension's to mate the wing's

timmyfantavatar.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

then fitted up wing's

37.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

polished the rim's

pz16enFCJY.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i eventually got them through his dad confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

tyneside146.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

what a nice and amazing car!

looks still quite nice!

i think the "old" yellow style was looking good..something like retro style?!

but now its just my favourite 3L looker smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

but what rims are they over there?

what dimensions do they have?

i need them over here in germany for my lupo where im i able to find them? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

sorry for my bad english huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

greez

chris

The transformation still amazes me Mitch and the detail in making proper wing extensions shows its a proper thought out job rather than just make them fit and smooth them in thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

keep the pics coming laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

wayne

then it was time for paint

Image067.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Image071.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Image069.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Image074.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dash012.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

the wheels are one off's{ unit21}

tyneside147.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

you aint looking hard enough zoo022.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

paint

dash022.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dash021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

then the dash smoothing along with the engine cover most were unsure about witnessthelowness.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

dash002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

329026679_62c2a3314a.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />