New Member needs help

Simple Simon

This is my first post so I just want to say hi to everyone and I'm looking forward to enjoying being part of the club.

I finally got round to passing my driving test just over a week ago and wanted something German and small so settled with a MK1 Arosa. It seems ideal as I'm a student and it's only a 1.0L.

It needs a new rear bumper and I like the centre exhaust pipes on the GTI's so whilst I'm at it I was planning to get a suitable bumper and rear box.

Dose anyone have any knowledge concerning my modification or seen any cool bumpers.

I purchased some Lexus style rear clusters that seemed rather cheap before finding this site and unfortunately I got what I paid for. I still like the effect on my silver Arosa but dose anyone know of a better quality product to buy.

arosaknight.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

He mate.

First off, your cars not german, its Spanish gallery_255_7_345998.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Hope Babs doesnt mind..

Sport rear bumper.

DSCF0008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

hello and welcome

Good first car youve got there. If i were you id go for a lupo sport bumper, they have a centre exhaust and look subtle, rather than aftermarket bumpers which can look really odd.

Also im not a fan of lexus style lights at all. Have you seen the lights on Mk2 Arosas? they will look really nice on a mk1, much better than lexus style ones imo.

Edited by cardaft

Hi mate,

I like the idea of getting a bumper from a Lupo Sport. Do I need a specific model, type or modification to fit my MK1 Arosa. With the exhaust I was totally unaware about the spare wheel well. Will a Lupo Sport exhaust fit straight in or will it require fabrication. I like the image you posted of the "Lupo SE (Or cambridge as they are known)" Think that’s what I'm looking to achieve.

Hi mate,

I like the idea of getting a bumper from a Lupo Sport. Do I need a specific model, type or modification to fit my MK1 Arosa. With the exhaust I was totally unaware about the spare wheel well. Will a Lupo Sport exhaust fit straight in or will it require fabrication. I like the image you posted of the "Lupo SE (Or cambridge as they are known)" Think that’s what I'm looking to achieve.

If im not mistaken you can get a centre exhaust and keep the big wheel well. The exhaust just wraps round it i think? or have i made this up? im sure iver read it somewhere.

Imo go for a sport bumber and try to get an exhaust that fits in the hole, ones that are just slotted under the bumper look like an after thought imo, which they are wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You can get a mk1 Arosa sport, which has a centre exhaust, so a rear arosa mk1 sport bumper will match your front bumper, otherwise you will have a smooth lupo sport rear bumper and a mk1 front bumper with the ridges in it. Or smooth your front one?

Lupo SE rear lights are nice and wont need any mods to fit them, where as the mk2 arosa rear lights would need some wiring changes.

Chris