Alpine vs Kenwood vs Sony vs Pioneer

Alpine vs Kenwood vs Sony vs Pioneer  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For headunits I vote: other (Becker) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I wish i hadnt destroyed the preouts on my becker sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> and i wish i hadnt destroyed my amp... i dont think i'll ever get a replacement for that rockford amp short of a grand sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I wish i hadnt destroyed the preouts on my becker

What did you replace you Becker with?

I love mine, couple of things annoy me, which could probably be solved by reading the manual! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What did you replace you Becker with?

I love mine, couple of things annoy me, which could probably be solved by reading the manual! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

a Pioneer 7700 and an iPod kit just for the time being.

I hope to get another becker sooner or later, along side the becker iPod kit.

Tell me your problems I may know how to solve them.

I've liked the few Pioneer units I've used, although not all of them. Becker would be my choice, purely for the functional, OEM, look of them. I'm a complete headunit dunce, but even I know that Sony's are crap. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Can't believe you toasted yours nfbr, is it completely dead?

I know Sony aren't rated when it comes to ICE, but I always loved the look of their active black range, purely from an aesthetics point of view!

i'm on my 4th sony headunit, and i have no complaints what-so-ever. i have always seen sony gear as being of really good quality, especially their tv's ect...

i'm on my 4th sony headunit,

Even though I know they didn't break that comment still makes me laugh laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

TBH a head units and head unit wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah Sony's great, maybe the best, for electronics in general.

I own a lot of Sony gear.

A point and shoot camera, Camcorder etc etc..

But Sony Car Audio is a completly different part of the company who spends very little cash on devolopment.

Yeah Sony's great, maybe the best, for electronics in general. Doesn't look like for speakers though

haha, when i worked at halfords, we had four times as many sony returns as all other brands put together... and our main line of sales was JVC... Not the best for sound and toys, but still.

Can't say much about the higher end units though.

my kenwood mask units nine years old, only problems ive had was ribbon going twice...

Seems to be a common problem with the those masks. Was it a straightforward fix? just wondering what to expect in a few years lol.

alpine everytime all day long for me cant beat the build quality, reliability, sound quality, adaptability and ease of use! imo they are so easy to get spot on sound and have zero distortion at max volume unlike most other brands ive heard/used. all in my opinion of course but i also believe pound for pound they are the best on the market smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

all in my opinion of course but i also believe pound for pound they are the best on the market smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Its opinions like that, that keeps them in business. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Fair enough LOL, erm, how about Blaupunkt.

I really wish I could start that poll again with more options, left out a lot of makers, dammit.

Edited by krieglupo