Hello everyone ! =]

TJenkos

Hey everyone..

My names Tom, Im a young 16 .. 17 in May..

I've had 2 Minis in the last 2 years but want something a little more practical, yet looking cool.. mmm euro..

One was a 1987 Mayfair and the other, a 1973 850cc... So pretty skilled with cars, welding, fibreglassing etc! Already seen somebody off the Mini forum on here.. 1 litre screamer..

I am currently riding a Scooter.. Should I mention that? Respect just gone dooooown to 0! Well anyway, i've spent lots of money on it.. too much... giving it new panels, and new engine bits (inc. 2 engine transplants) ... Good fun.. when it wants to work!

Also bought another recently for £400, 54 plate.. which was a non runner.. It only needed a spark plug! Now for sale at 950ono! Good Lupo savings earner I must say!

I am at Rolls-Royce in Derby doing an apprenticeship to become a radiographer.. Also living in Derby..

So.... More onto Lupos!

Looking to buy a 1.4e Lupo.. In either red, silver or black.. Maybe the dark metallic green.. and try and get it as GTi looking as possible... without the wide arches etc.. Better get some money rounded together first!

Mum drives an MG ZR.. Lovely car but insurance is steep for a 1.4 !

Hope this is in the right section, couldn't see an "Introduce Yourself" section...

Tom

Hello Tom and welcome!

Sounds like your well into your cars and mechanics and sounds like you have got a good job which will pay you lots of money to buy you that lupo!

As for the scooter dont worry about that, it gets you about biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Welcome to the club mate!

As for getting your Lupo looking like a gti, neither of the gti bumpers are a direct replacement for normal bodied Lupos, so it will be a bit of a mission to do. Although Rieger do a kit for the Lupo which is similar to the gti kit, well i think it is anyway, so you could have a look at that to see if it takes your fancy.

Good luck with the project and finding a Lupo.

Welcome to the forum!

I presume thats Rolls-Royce aircraft engines rather than cars, seeing as its in Derby?

hi wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" /> and welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, really nice place smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Adam, yeah Ive already researched all of that... Seeing as I guessed somebody must have asked it! Good idea, them F&Q's biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Andy, yeah im in turbines section of the engines.. examining the blades for cracks/defects etc! Also a marines part in Derby though... Apprenticeship lasts 3 years so ive got plenty of time to decide what to do!

BTW, Im in love with your car Andy.. the best colour is grey shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, really nice place smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Adam, yeah Ive already researched all of that... Seeing as I guessed somebody must have asked it! Good idea, them F&Q's biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Andy, yeah im in turbines section of the engines.. examining the blades for cracks/defects etc! Also a marines part in Derby though... Apprenticeship lasts 3 years so ive got plenty of time to decide what to do!

BTW, Im in love with your car Andy.. the best colour is grey shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Tom

Hi tom just been asking in another thread if your off theminiforum.com and i know for a fact you are now im 'mincento' on there by the way shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

the mg's are good (was thrashing about in a 105 other day) but they are over insured IMO

whats restricting you to a e spec though or is it just choice? its just the 100bhp sports are a damn good car and generally more tuning mods etc available and alloys and leccys as standard also if you got an arosa sport its grp 5 insurance the same as the base spec lupo yet with all the kit and engine shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

welcome to the club

wayne

It really is a small world isn't it wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I havent really been on the Mini forum much now though .. Used to be addicted blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

As this will be my first car, insurace I assume will be holding me down.. Unless the S isnt any more? Saw it was the same insurance group mind..

Tom

goes like this

Lupo and Arosa 1.0 50bhp grp2

Lupo 1.4 16v 75bhp grp 5

Arosa 1.4 8v 60bhp (mine) grp3

Lupo sport 1.4 16v 100bhp grp 6

Arosa sport 1.4 16v 100bhp identical spec as above grp 5

Lupo GTi 1.6 16v 125bhp grp11

the lupos are very poor spec when compared to the arosa equivilent for example to get electric windows and remote locking that i have got on my 8v S arosa you would need a sport IIRC

too small world i havent been on mini forum for ages as i dont find it as interesting when i havent got a mini to post about at moment etc oh and theres quite a few off there on here and for example mlc_chloe on there is Paulbin of here's girlfriend

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

ive got the 1.4 lupo listed as 5 and it was definately considerably more to insure than my grp 3 arosa when i was looking at a 1.4 SE lupo which was less spec blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

but parkers is usually right although they have been wrong before id check with insurance for yourself personally just to check

wayne

I like you already. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Seriously, great apprenticeship there, pretty interesting field, good luck with it.

I'm also recommend looking at the Sports as Wayne said, they've gotten very cheap.

Hello and welcome biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

goes like this

Lupo and Arosa 1.0 50bhp grp2

Lupo 1.4 16v 75bhp grp 5

Arosa 1.4 8v 60bhp (mine) grp3

Lupo sport 1.4 16v 100bhp grp 6

Arosa sport 1.4 16v 100bhp identical spec as above grp 5

Lupo GTi 1.6 16v 125bhp grp11

wayne

The 75 BHP lupo 1.4 is group 3 as is the 1.7 SDI, there is no difference between models, like the 1.4 E and 1.4 S are in the same group (3) so best of going for the S with electric windows and central locking.

Although id say the same as The Subtle Modder, and say the Arosa is more value for money, cheaper to buy than the equivalant lupo, and better spec'd. Also better looking in some peoples eyes tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But yeah go for the 1.4 S lupo, or even an SE, at TSM said, they are less spec'd than the S but they are a special edition with unique alloys, leather steering wheel and gear knob. THey come in 1.0, 1.4 (75) and 1.7SDi engines, and come in either black or fresco green (special colour for the SE)

Good luck with finding the one you want and with ur test biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Chris

• 2 weeks later...