Engine painting - ...

Blue Loop

you will all prob laugh at this but what im about to tell you all is a trade secret:

when i first started work i used to work for a company called competition engines which built and prepared full on race engines (monster v8s and f1 yes f1) and what they found was dulux paint lasted a bloody long time about 4x longer than proper engine paint (eaven the really expensive stuff) so if your going to paint your engine use dulux, also they do so many colours you can go wild with your ideas.

As an example we rebuilt a ferrie dino engine from scratch and guess what dulux this was no race car either it was a show car.

Take my words a gosbel if you like or stand and laugh but for those in the know its dulux all the way

lol. paint it magnolia biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

mmm was thinking in painting it either jazz blue or lemon kinda yellow smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

erm... what's dulux paint? we dont get it in spain, what kinda paint is it? ???

QUOTE(Putney)
lol. paint it magnolia biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />  :D  :P

you really dont believe me do you putney

well like i said people in the "know"

I do believe you the joke is cause most people with no imagination paint there house all in magnolia.! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> i think its the most mass produced paint in the world. goes with anything. theres no reason why it wouldnt work people paint their radiators dont they.

i was'nt diggin at ya. so whens the gti arriving. u getting chris's old one? i have zidans old car. let him pay the full price then took it off him 8 months later. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

as soon as i get rid of the one i have at the moment, if it sells in the meantime ill buy a new one (raven blue mayb)

with dead cow which i really want

you might have a different brand of paint in spain. probably dont have b&q either. ???

QUOTE(`funk-star`)
just dawned on me you are trying to paint the block and not any thing plastic as i dont think dulux will look very good on plastic

that's exactly why i had doubts, i want to paint the plastic biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

maybe try VW's original "outside" paint?