Luped

hi there, am a newbie, hopin to get a lupo pretty soon if all goes to plan but dont know much about them yet, seen one for sale just wanted to see what you guys think its worth whether i should go for it, also are the 2000 reg 1.4's fast...

2000 VOLKSWAGEN LUPO 1.4 Sport 3dr Hatchback

Manual, 86,000 miles, VW LUPO 1.4 16V SPORT (100BHP) W REG 2000 MODEL 84,000K BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR ABT SIDE SKIRTS RIEGER FRONT BUMPER FK COIL OVERS 17? DARE ALLOYS LONG LIFE REAR EXAHAUST PIPERCROSS VIPER INDUCTION KIT RECENT SERVICE AND NEW TYRES

£3,500

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_...search_full.y=6

(sorry about the link didnt know how to get pics on)

Cheers

looks pretty damn nice actually shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

depends on what youve driven before is your swift a gti for example? but yes in general they are pretty quick for what they are although arguably you could say that is slowed down in acceleration stakes by having 17's over the original 14's

wayne

I saw this the other day and was surprised how much i liked it. Always liked the rieger front bumper and colour coding makes a difference i think. Leather always goes down well and overall looks well looked after. Hate the exhaust and mirrors though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

its lovely looking smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i have a 1.4s not sport and she is very...'quirky' #

without sounding stuck up - would you not prefer a car standard so you can modify it yourself...

It looks well done, I always think 17inch wheels are too big for a loop though in performance terms.

Check it out, look at its service history, this will probably tell you whether the person who modified it, actually "properly" cared for it, ask if he has reciepts etc etc...

at 86,000 miles it should have also had 2 cambelt changes, signified by a tick of the "toothed belt" box in the service book.

Pete

its lovely looking smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> i have a 1.4s not sport and she is very...'quirky' #

without sounding stuck up - would you not prefer a car standard so you can modify it yourself...

thought about doing one myself, but worked out it out that by the time i have got a lupo and done it up, it would cost more than just buying it already. sounds like a cheaters way i know, but dont really have the funds or the time.

I saw this the other day and was surprised how much i liked it. Always liked the rieger front bumper and colour coding makes a difference i think. Leather always goes down well and overall looks well looked after. Hate the exhaust and mirrors though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

yeah not too kean on the mirrors or the exhaust either, was hopin to change back to standard mirrors. lupo gti exhaust or even get a new bumper to create a the new Golf R32 look or clio 182 sport biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'd be a bit careful as i get the impression its been owned by a boy racer, and if that engine has been thraped for 86000 miles then its gonna be nackered! If I was you I would have a very good look at it before you even think about buying it.

And IF you do get it then please change that exhaust for the good of the car it looks so poor, doesn't fill the hole or anythin'.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

Nock, completely unfounded statement. Ive been abusing my car for the last 60k and still as sweet as a nut, VW engines if serviced will run and run. What Pete said is what realisicly you should be looking at.

Although I get the feeling personally that "Luped" is infact the owner of the car in question and using this as a way to sell.

Nock, completely unfounded statement. Ive been abusing my car for the last 60k and still as sweet as a nut, VW engines if serviced will run and run. What Pete said is what realisicly you should be looking at.

Although I get the feeling personally that "Luped" is infact the owner of the car in question and using this as a way to sell.

i agree it would be a clever idea if i owned the car, but i dont. lol. thinkin now about gettin a low mileage lupo and waiting for someone who is breaking a GTI then just transfer parts. Daft question but if i got red lupo would it be the same red as a GTI. And would all the parts fit, e.g. bumber, interior etc. very vague i know..

Parkers price the standard lupo sport 2000 w reg in good condition with 60'000 miles for £3025

Take into account the extra milage and that will take a bit of money off the above price... maybe £250-300

so that £2725

Then to get what he's adding for the mods £3500-£2725= £775 extra for mods...

Adding £775 seems a bit too much to add onto a car for mods to me.... id say add £400 looking at what he's done

I reckon you'd be able to get it for £3100

if i got red lupo would it be the same red as a GTI. And would all the parts fit, e.g. bumber, interior etc. very vague i know..

Possibly not the same colour red. Not sure what colour the normal Loops came in, but the GTI's were Flash Red and Tornado Red. Think (guessing?) the normal loops were only flash red.

There's a bit in the FAQ about fitting GTI bits to a non-GTI. You could fit a front bumper, but you'd have to do the wings and all sort of other bits and bobs too. Rear bumper wouldn't fit without modification.

Interior can be swapped no problem.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

• 3 weeks later...