dyno results

gordon

hwo about we put our dyno results for the cars in here so we can see the spread we get between cars/rr/etc.

today i got

130.0 bhp dead on at flywheel

99.5 bhp at wheels

108 `lbf-ft` torque max @ 5280 rpm

max rpm 6950

this was with inlet temp reading 18C - probably a bit lower than actual - at 30C i had 138bhp smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

air pressure at run was 1005 bar

Guest spook(`tdi-errr`-`arosa-OK`)

when BHP is quoted is it at the flywheel?

I think I know what it mans but what difference does at the wheels and flywheel make and mean etc

@wheels is real on road power, after losses thru trans etc.

@flywheel is power engine develops before going thru trans etc.

eg also running today was audi quattro - 124bhp @ flywheel and 65bhp @ wheels, a loss of 60bhp thru 4x4 box

hope it explains a bit

!!! loss of 60bhp through the wheels!!!!

And is that for a standard LupoGTi??? 130bhp (or even 138bph!) sounds high....and 108lb/ft of torque @ 5280??

Supposed to be 112lb/ft at 3000rpm....

QUOTE(MattyB)
And is that for a standard LupoGTi??? 130bhp (or even 138bph!) sounds high....and 108lb/ft of torque @ 5280??

Supposed to be 112lb/ft at 3000rpm....

thats what it was giving, jim reckons he sees this sort of thing with vag motors regularly, giving a little more than booked in bhp. my 8v ibiza was 125bhp on rollers when it supposed to be 115bhp. this was similar to other 8v's.

the torque could still be the tighness of engine, but we couldnt figure out how to get front towing eye - didn't want to mark bumper trying to prise things off - so it was strapped down by susp turrets so it may have been a bit loose on rollers on power up which would cost a bit of torque.