lupo GTi front stabilizer bar - ... thickness

bAAx

anyone (thats you, rudy biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />) have a clue how THICK (diameter in mm) the front stabilizer bar is on the GTi...? in other words, this is the `anti-roll` bar

no "maybes" plees, straight up truths only... lol

should be less than 21mm to be classified as satisfactory answer (coz then i can blow 280€ on an eibach replacement biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

Edited By bAAx on June 03 2002 at 14:02

how much you asking for? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> are they 6 or 6,5 x 15"? But I still want the s3's in 17"...although they look quite a lot the same.

there's a thicker front stabi by KAW, which seems to be perfect for lowered loops.

The front roll bar:

GTI: no idea (sorry...)

16v: 20mm

others: 18mm

maybe the GTi`s is 22mm? But as I said, I've no idea. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

rudy, called KAW, they dont have a stabilisators for the GTi, seems they too found that existing was enough.

call eibach myself aswell, and they too dont know the diameter of the original bar, but, as said, their stabiliser is 21mm..

all a bit "à l'improviste" if you ask me tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

as for the alloys smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />... 6.5J x 15 tyre size 205/45 R15 ..

asking price starting around 595€, theyre in `as-good`-`as-new` shape... if you want to see em, we might arrange a meeting wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />, finally tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

the bar on the loop is a chunky little ******, i'd be dubious of how much of an improvement the replacement would give and i had them fitted on my ibiza. if you compare eibachs to std golf mk3 bars then you see the difference, but with loop i'm not so sure.

QUOTE(bAAx)
(coz then i can blow 280€ on an eibach replacement biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

is that fitted, if not you are paying way too much.

dont think that is fitted actually, got the price directly from ppl @ eibach, not some dodgy mechanic. good steel is expensive you know biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and i hope ill soon get a chance to measure the diameter of said bar, to clear up the uncertainty smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> the ppl @ eibach told me that for the golf they made a replacement then VW changed the standard spec to the eibach thickness, so there was no longer the need to upgrade...

maybe they got it good the first time on the GTi, well soon find out..