Hiya, lupo advise wanted!

DubLass

Hiya Lupo peeps, i often browse the forum and was a member at some point but i forgot my

username, so i just re-registered! You'll probably know my mate Al and her raven blue gti?

Having just sold my mk2 gti ive decided to push the boat out and spent a little bit more on a Lupo. Ive read most of the topics about them on here to find out fuel economy and BHP and all that.

So im after a 1.4 E,S or a Sport, ive heard theyre similar on 'speed' but the 75bhp model has more torque?

Also whats the difference in fuel economy?

What should i be looking to pay for either of the above models? My budget is around £2500 and ive seen a few for sale for that so i should be ok.

Thanks guys biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i'd get the sport.. bought mine last night for £2000 its on an x plate 2000 with only 30k on the clock

a real bargain as the book price is well upto £4k!!!!

u gotta shop around and be prepared to travel ...

i travelled 400 miles round trip for mine lol

good luck let me no how u get on? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1.4 E and S are mechanically identical - just a trim level, believe it adds electric windows, electric mirrors etc...

Although there are a lot of loop E's with electrics... options and all that

Sport spec adds ABS (although all later models had it) another 25hp (ps) to keep you happy, rear discs instead of drums, a centre exhaust and front fogs.

Downside being that the sport uses a little more fuel, mine does around 43mpg in normal mixed driving, believe the S is a little bit more economical!

Thats about it really, sports tend to be a bit more expensive, so you may struggle finding a newer sport for £2500.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Thanks babe!

Can anyone tell me about the Lupo S 1.7 SDI?

This isn't answering your question but still might interest you...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/for-sale/det...&supplier=1

Edited to say...this might answer your question.....he he

http://cars.yahoo.co.uk/resultsmaxi_100354...lkswagen%7CLupo

Last but not least...Welcome back

Tom

Edited by GTi T

Thanks babe!

Can anyone tell me about the Lupo S 1.7 SDI?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> What do you want to know?

It's a 1716cc diesel unit with 60bhp cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

if your after good economy and not bothered about speed the sdi is definately your best bet smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just ask this chappy above for his mile per tank record!!!!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> and then compare it to my 180miles per tank in a gti... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...