?BIG brakes

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

The Lupo Gti has 256mm front discs right. This is the same as the late `88-on` MK2 Golf 16v.

The MK2 Golf G60 came with 288mm front discs so I wonder if the G60 discs and calliper carriers will go straight on the Lupo with same parts used to swap Golf 16v to Golf G60 brakes.

Only things is im assuming they are using the same callipers here.

Can anyone offer me anymore help please?

I was told that the brakes off a 1.8 t seat ibiza would fit straight on a lupo gti if u have 17's on it??????? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well i actually fancy the Brembo set up from the Ibiza but thought that as they are 4 pot callipers I may have to change the master cylinder which i dont want to do. Thought the G60 brakes would be an easy swap.

Didnt they do 288mm discs on very late G60 golfs and Mk3 golf gti 16v or where the Mk3 gti 16v 5 stud hubs like the Vr6 was?

1.8t.

How much do you want for the Brembo's?

Also do they fit straight on the Lupo hubs or will the affect the offset?Did you change the master cylinder to fit them?

I dont see why there was a problem fitting 280's to a Mk4 Polo? My uprights have 6NO printed on them which is Mk4 Polo isn't it?

The Brembos are a tight fit....you have to have 16" wheels and you have to have et35 offset to get the spoke clearance. And they need to be a Compomotive type wheel that has the extra space inside of them for the brakes. I have got a spare upright if anyone is interested in dummy assembling it to see if it will fit in your wheels.

• 2 weeks later...