Centre armrest

I'm surprised you've cut the left leg off as it's there to make it more stable and give it strength as the alloy is quite brittle. On the golf's and octavias the left leg is shorter than the rest due to it having a nut/bolt combo, the nut screws onto the handbrake bolt, the leg sits on it and a nut holds that.

I've just fitted an armrest to my octy and i was surprised that when i got the armrest that it came with a hand made welded steel bracket, so it is possible to make your own bracket up though who ever did mine has considerable skill.

Maybe the answer to making it easier to fit is to make a bracket for the armrest bracket to fit to, Passat armrests are alot cheaper than golf ones and the extra height of the bracket would make up the problem of the shortness of the passat one.

i didnt cut it off untill after i test fitted it, its more them sturdy enough no real force or weight gets applied to my arm rest plus the standerd left leg on the mk4 armrest isnt in the right position to keep and use

i didnt cut it off untill after i test fitted it, its more them sturdy enough no real force or weight gets applied to my arm rest plus the standerd left leg on the mk4 armrest isnt in the right position to keep and use

I see what you mean m8, the arosa/lupo centre consol is very narrow the left leg would of been sticking out

That armrest looks really good in yours matches the seats well you've done a good job there

I see what you mean m8, the arosa/lupo centre consol is very narrow the left leg would of been sticking out

That armrest looks really good in yours matches the seats well you've done a good job there

Thank you :D car does need a full shampoo on the interior, just to add I have a mk1 arosa and as in the pictures I have a lupo handbrake and gear surround just to match the arm rest nicely, so it shouldn't be to hard to match a mk4 armrest to a lupo

• 1 month later...

I had one of those armrests above in my Fabia vRS. It came from the czech republic as they were fitted OEM on some of the fabia models over there. It came with a set of brackets that used the existing bolts that secure the handbrake in place. Don't know if its a similar chassis or handbrake design? I wouldnt mind fitting one to mine.