Centre armrest

Anyone know of a Lupo fitted with a centre armrest? It wasnt an option but i have seen a few German Lupos with it fitted and always quite fancied one. The ones i have seen have been black leather so would fit well with my interior

I presume it may also be a retro fit?

Chris smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also have a problem with the armrest. I've got one, from ebay, but the problem is that I don't know how to fit it... I have no ideea where to drill the holes or what to do, I'll try to post a picture withe the armrest, maybe someone could help me.

Thanx,

Paul

Hello,

Here are the pictures

This is how the armrest looks like

100_0058.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

This is how it should somehow be attached to the car

100_0059.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

But, the problem is that this is the only place I can somehow (I don't know how) attach it.

c204_1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'm not sure if the plastic is strong enough to hold the armrest, and if I would try go go under, I would have problems with pulling the hand brake.. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

So, any suggestions?

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Thanx,

Paul

• 2 years later...

ok im going for a mega resurrection here. I really want an armrest for my lupo gti. Also i would quite like it to fold up so it doesnt get in the way of the handbrake. Please anyone that has done this please help!!!

yeah that looks like its an Armster armrest. the only issue is mounting it to the plastic housing by the handbrake. this will have base designed to fit golf which wouldnt match the lupo. they look good tho. would be good place to keep phone, camera and so on. i have to do this.

STILL IN THE MOD STAGE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE COVER AND THE ARMREST CONNECTION TO THE MOUNT, I THINK IT CAME FROM A VW PASSAT MODDED THE BASE SO IT FITS THE HANDBRAKE BOLTS I.E THER ARE THREE BOLTS UNDER THE COVER.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Edited by henlupo

will try later in the week tricky job, all you have to do is cut away most of the alloy and it fits. had no problems with the hand brake or seat belts..

good mod if i could only work out how to finish it OEM style as the covers on the armrest don't match the base diameter :o

Edited by henlupo

• 1 year later...

i have a mk4 golf arm rest in my arosa it looks similar to the one in the pictures, i fitted it using the two mounting points on the right leg, and removed the left leg from the armrest

i have it sitting alot higher then the picture before the front mounting bolt is the same height as the handbrake mounting and the rear one is spaced out so it sits about the same height as it does in the mk4. folds away nicely and doesnt get in the way of the handbrake

i shall get some pictures up tomorrow, but dont feel like taking the interior apart in the cold to take pics of the mounts lol

i shall get some soon though

i have a mk4 golf arm rest in my arosa it looks similar to the one in the pictures, i fitted it using the two mounting points on the right leg, and removed the left leg from the armrest

i have it sitting alot higher then the picture before the front mounting bolt is the same height as the handbrake mounting and the rear one is spaced out so it sits about the same height as it does in the mk4. folds away nicely and doesnt get in the way of the handbrake

i shall get some pictures up tomorrow, but dont feel like taking the interior apart in the cold to take pics of the mounts lol

i shall get some soon though

I'm surprised you've cut the left leg off as it's there to make it more stable and give it strength as the alloy is quite brittle. On the golf's and octavias the left leg is shorter than the rest due to it having a nut/bolt combo, the nut screws onto the handbrake bolt, the leg sits on it and a nut holds that.

I've just fitted an armrest to my octy and i was surprised that when i got the armrest that it came with a hand made welded steel bracket, so it is possible to make your own bracket up though who ever did mine has considerable skill.

Maybe the answer to making it easier to fit is to make a bracket for the armrest bracket to fit to, Passat armrests are alot cheaper than golf ones and the extra height of the bracket would make up the problem of the shortness of the passat one.