New Lupo Owner...

MiniRic

After about a year of looking my girlfriend has just bought a green lupo sport. We pick it up on wednesday, she's pretty excited. Will post pics when we have it. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just wanted to put a quick post up to say, i've been lurking on this site for a while now and it's been really helpful. Given me an idea of the things to look for when buying one. So thanks all. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Out of interest, where is the best place to get a replacement door card? The passenger side has a little tear in it. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Either scrap yard, direct from VW, or retrim it.

Their are some companys who can repair cigarette burns in seats and other fabrics, they may be able to fix your tear ? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Pics of the car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Snot Green or Bottle Green ?

I think it's closer to bottle green. Some other people on here have the same, i think it's called taffeta green. It's the colour she's been after for a while anyway. Personally i love the jazz blue and the raven blue gtis. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Don't have any pics at the moment, will post some when we pick the car up.

Thanks for reply, i'll ring the parts desk at vw on monday and start there.

yes, it is light grey. It's got the tom interior, little mice (so girly!!!)

When we pick it up, i'll take some pics to see if its the same.

Thanks for replying. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lovely colour! really shines in the sun smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> welcome to the club and enjoy the loop!

Jen x

just like the sport in my sig?

Edited by Jen

yup, it's exactly like the sport in the sig. Was dark when we got home last night so no pics.

Just checked the door cards and they're not plain grey, they've got little cats on them. But thank you for the offer. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

After driving it for a little while, i think the pedal box is on the way out, although not bad enough to make the gears crunch yet.

Also the exhaust emmission light came on when we got home. Checked a few threads on here, but still not sure what could be causing it. I guessed it could just be a dodgy lambda reading, but some people have mentioned sticky throttle bodies.

It's time's like this i wish i had vag-com!

Oh yeah, it doesn't have a buzzer to let you know when you've left your lights on. It's the first new car i've seen that doesn't do it. Was wondering if you get the option to turn it on and off within vag-com?

Sounds like your having a few problems already, thats a shame.

The warning buzzer should be on, im not aware of it being able to be turned off or on with vag.com but it might be.

Does the interior light come on when you open the drivers door? might be switch related.

What makes you think the pedal box is going?

Chris

i had the same thought about the switch, but the light comes on and goes off as it should.

It's had a toad alarm fitted, so that might have something to do with it, but the install looks like it was done to a very high standard.

Pedal is a little stiff and feels like you are hitting a notch halfway down and it's not that easy to get it in to gear.

A few probs, but they're all really minor things. All the good stuff is there.

Edited by MiniRic

Just bought a laptop and a vag-com cable, so hopefully i'll get to the bottom of this fault code soon. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Once i've worked out how to use it, happy to help anyone in the basingstoke area with diagnostic checking. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

welcome, good choice of car wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Lol I too have the tom-tom cloth, lol I refuse to accept its girly, its just showing my sensitive side tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Welcome to the club

Pete

• 3 weeks later...