New Member. Pic added.

2001gti

hi everyone, seen the forum on google after searchin for reviews on the lupo, i purchased a lupo gti last night (but dont get it till monday) is there anythin in particula i need to watch out for and what are the most common things tht go wrong with em?

tah very much chris

Cheers for the welcome, yer i was havin alook round the forum today at work seems like a bunch of very interested lupo people out there.

well im 20 at the end of this month so with my dad as the main driver the insurance is around 2100 which isnt that bad. as soon as i pic it up on monday ill get some pics uploaded.

cheers again!

I was insured through direct line with my brother as first driver when i had just turned 20 and my insurance was £1300ish, then it was £1300 with Direct Line the year after by myself, then ended the contract as they would not allow me to modify it. So i went to Admiral and i pay £950 a year with coilovers and wheels.

Oh and welcome to the forum, what colour did you get, whats the spec of it? Air Con? Sunroof? Leather? Any mods planned for the future?

I was insured through direct line with my brother as first driver when i had just turned 20 and my insurance was £1300ish, then it was £1300 with Direct Line the year after by myself, then ended the contract as they would not allow me to modify it. So i went to Admiral and i pay £950 a year with coilovers and wheels.

Oh and welcome to the forum, what colour did you get, whats the spec of it? Air Con? Sunroof? Leather? Any mods planned for the future?

Cheers for the welcome m8, jesus 1300quid for insurance is very cheap ill try direct line, well the car is a 2001 gti 6speed not sure if its got air con, it hasnt got a sunroof or leather. ive been reading up that it leans abit so ill probebly stick stiffer springs on it. exterior wise i dont think ill change it as its such a head turner. as for interior ill probebly stick a nice sterior system in it. oh but it does have lexus lights lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Get those lexus lights off straight away! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Unless they are your cup of tea? £1300 was a pretty decent quote, the car was only one year old aswell when i bought it. Your plans sounds good anyway, in my eyes a suspension upgrade on the gti is a must, once you can afford it of course, it makes the car so much more enjoyable to drive.

Just to add, i didn't have any NCB either when i was insured.

Edited by Adam

Get those lexus lights off straight away! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Unless they are your cup of tea? £1300 was a pretty decent quote, the car was only one year old aswell when i bought it. Your plans sounds good anyway, in my eyes a suspension upgrade on the gti is a must, once you can afford it of course, it makes the car so much more enjoyable to drive.

Just to add, i didn't have any NCB either when i was insured.

well it doesnt look to bad with it bein black, ive got all the original parts with it so the lights can be changed. its got a big custom induction kit which sounds awesum. ill get sum pics uploaded soon and ill let people decide if they look good or not lol

Welcome to the forum, what colour did you get?

£2000 on insurance, ouch!

Edited to add, ah, black. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by AndyW

Welcome to the forum, what colour did you get?

£2000 on insurance, ouch!

its in black, id of preferd a silver one but this one was only 6 miles away from my house biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

this is the pic off auto trader http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q174/calv1987/vw.jpg

tell me wot u think about the lights.

no it isnt carbon its steel i think, ill take a pic wen i pic up the car and show u but its to big for the engine cover to go on.

oh and wot are coilovers?

Lights are petty bad if you ask me, but go with what you like. Seriously though, they'd look better with a set like this...

lupomarseillenight.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Then again, I am slightly biased. The 'Cambridge' lights do look very good on a black car like yours.

Lights are petty bad if you ask me, but go with what you like. Seriously though, they'd look better with a set like this...

lupomarseillenight.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Then again, I am slightly biased. The 'Cambridge' lights do look very good on a black car like yours.

wow them lightes are fit, im personally not a fan of the lexus lights its just wots already on it and as a few people have sed there not tht nice i think ill stick the original ones back on. i love that pearl gray lupo think its a real nice colour,

can't tell the difference with those Cambridge lights

Old lights...

luporearbeach.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

i love that pearl gray lupo think its a real nice colour,

Cheers, I don't need much of an excuse to post a picture. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

insurance is around 2100

'kin hell mate!

I got mine just after I turned 20.

Mine is 1200 including interest on the monthy payments and claim history that I'm none too proud of!

Try elephant/admiral/bell (they are all the same company).

Seriously though, they'd look better with a set like this...

preach.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PREACH!

'kin hell mate!

I got mine just after I turned 20.

Mine is 1200 including interest on the monthy payments and claim history that I'm none too proud of!

Try elephant/admiral/bell (they are all the same company).

preach.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

PREACH!

lmfao

£150 for no performance gains wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> and ? What about noise gains? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />